#3874 - Monday, April 26, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2010

      #3874 - Monday, April 26, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Last week, Adyashanti gave a talk in a nearby town. Hearing him speak is so profoundly better than any short quote or brief Youtube can possibly convey. He is so direct and at times quite funny. If you resonate at all with his teachings, I would highly recommend going in person or getting the DVD version of his talks over just reading his books. -Gloria

      Ego is basically the movement of the mind
      toward objects of perception in the form of grasping
      and away from objects in the form of aversion.

      This fundamentally is all the ego is.

      This movement of grasping and aversion gives rise to a
      sense of a separate "me," and in turn the sense of "me"
      strengthens itself this way.

      It is this continuous loop of causation
      that tricks consciousness into
      a trance of identification.

      Identification with what?

      Identification with
      the continuous loop of suffering.

      After all,
      who is suffering?

      The "me" is suffering.

      And "who" is this me?

      It is nothing more than a sense of self
      caused by identification with
      grasping and aversion.

      You see,
      it's all a creation of the mind,
      an endless movie,
      a terrible dream.

      Don't try to change the dream --
      trying to change it is just
      another movement in the dream.

      Look at the dream.
      Be aware of the dream.

      That awareness is It.

      Become more interested in
      the awareness of the dream
      than in the dream itself.

      What is that awareness?
      Who is that awareness?

      Don't go spouting out an answer,
      just be the answer.

      Be It.

      ~ Adyashanti

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      One of the most beautiful inquiries is, “What does my life serve?”
      This is a big question. It’s not asking, “What form is my service taking?”
      It doesn’t particularly matter what form our service takes
      when we are serving the silence of the heart.
      The only thing that’s important is, “What is my life really serving?

      ~ Adyashanti

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "If you are a true seeker of liberation you've got to be willing to
      stand alone. At the moment of Liberation everything falls
      away...everything. Suddenly the ground beneath your feet is gone, and
      you are alone. You are alone because you have directly realized that
      there is no other, there is no separation. There is only you, only
      Self, only limitless emptiness, pure consciousness.
      To the mind, the ego, this appears terrifying. When the mind looks at
      limitlessness and infinity, it projects meaninglessness and despair.
      To the ego Absolute Freedom can look terrifying. But when the mind is
      let go of, the view changes from meaningless despair and fear to the
      unending joy and wonder of Liberation.
      In Liberation, you stand alone. You stand alone because you need no
      supports of any kind. You need no supports because you have realized
      that the very notion of a separate you no longer exists; that there
      is nothing to support; that the whole ego experience was a flimsy
      illusion. So you stand alone but never, never lonely because
      everywhere you look, all you see is That, and You are That."

      ~ Adyashanti

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      This innocence waking up, realizing that everything is itself,
      even all the confusion and all the ignorance and everything...
      this is the dissolving of confusion, of ignorance, of karma.

      ~ Adyashanti

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Enlightenment is perceiving not through the lens of ego.
      It is not an unending satori experience, unending
      awakening experience. This misunderstanding will create
      more tail chasing than it is dreamed possible.

      It is not the quality of "aha" that will sustain because it
      will not sustain itself. Next week you may be going to
      have another "aha" that is bigger.

      True practices or useful spiritual disciplines, if there is
      any, is a way not fueling the egoic consciousness.

      The liberating truth is not static; it is alive. It cannot be
      put into concepts and be understood by the mind. The
      truth lies beyond all forms of conceptual fundamentalism.
      What you are is the beyond—awake and present, here
      and now already.

      To be here, all you have to do is let go of who you think
      you are. That’s all! And then you realize, "I’m here."
      Here is where thoughts aren’t believed. Every time you
      come here, you are nothing. Radiantly nothing. Absolutely
      and eternally zero. Emptiness that is awake. Emptiness
      that is full. Emptiness that is everything.

      ~ Adyashanti