#3873 - Sunday, April 25, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3873, Sunday, April 25, 2010

      The eye cannot see itself
      Except as a pale reflection in a mirror.
      The self cannot find itself
      Except as a pale reflection in a dream.

      Nevertheless, uncaused and unprompted, the false self can drop away and in that death of the person wholeness, unity, non-duality, can be seen again. The false self may drop away while the individual is still alive but it need be of no concern if it does not, because at the death of the body there is only liberation in any case. Before he died, Ramesh Balsekar wrote "What does death ultimately mean? It means the end of the struggle of daily living. It means the end of duality."

      - Richard Sylvester

      Through the direct recognition of present awareness as our real identity, the seeking, suffering and conflict that arise when we identify with thought can relax. This relaxation and the direct experience of present awareness reveals a natural harmony and equanimity in our lives and in our relationships. A direct, actual, experiential recognition of awareness as our real identity is necessary. Intellectual speculation and belief is not enough. Thinking that we are awareness may be a good start, but it is not enough. No idea, teaching, religion, position, nation, political or religious belief, doctrine, or organization can achieve this level of harmony and equanimity. Thousands of years of human suffering, conflict, and seeking are enough proof of the basic fact that ideas alone cannot heal the suffering, seeking, and conflict. We are not, however, asking you to stop thinking. That would be impossible. The simple invitation here is to recognize present awareness.

      - Scott Kiloby, from Living Realization

      All phenomena are completely new and fresh, absolutely unique and entirely free from all concepts of past, present and future. They are experienced in timelessness.

      HH Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, from Nyingma.com

      The everyday is powerful and resplendent, intensely lush with total perfection. Everything is complete, finished, exhausted in the climax of pure appearance. All of the countless phenomena are the dear love of crystal clear great perfection, resting naturally. All conditions are fully matured and empowered with luminous clarity. Place, time, dimension and causality are the full expression and natural presence of complete perfection.

      - from Indestructible Clarity

      body is pure doing
      beyond doing there is mind
      mind is pure knowing
      beyond knowing there is heart
      heart is pure being

      mind is more than the brain
      the heart of being is infinitely more
      then this physical beating in the chest
      all resides in this heart
      the pulse of all life depends on its endless
      rhythm
      lifting us in moments of simple awareness
      beyond the limits of doing and knowing
      directly to the source
      of our most tender feelings
      and beyond even limitless love
      where all is merged
      in silent wonder

      - Nirmala, from Gifts with No Giver - a love affair with truth