Wednesday/June 21

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2000
      SUSAN CARLSON

      Hello fellow sun worshipper,

      About 8 years ago I participated in a Sun Meditation in
      Sedona Arizona. It is done in just the last 10 minutes or
      so before sunset.

      Gaze into the sun with soft focus, letting yourself fall
      into the light.

      After the sun set I turned and looked over the desert
      canyon landscape. I was rewarded with seeing wave like
      rainbow curtains of the Aurora Borealis radiating from the
      floors of the canyon. I was totally mystified and stunned
      to see so much beauty moving gracefully across the ground
      reaching up into the skies.

      I had seen such displays in the Hudson Bay area of Canada
      at night but never southwest america.

      The Aurora Borealis is the result of Sun's radiation
      hitting the magnetosphere of our planet. Only in intense
      solar flares are we able to see it that far south and only
      at night in the northren sky and usually just a lime green
      color. This was the full rainbow spectrum in twilight along
      the ground!

      Sigh...such beauty among us.

      Much love, Susan

      'Let the beauty you love be what you do. There are a
      thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth' ***Rumi

      GARY FALK

      Jerry's question (on whether the sun is consciousness)
      reminds me of the famous Zen story of the two monks arguing
      beneath a flag pole as to which was moving, the flag or the
      wind. A third monk comes along and says, "Neither the flag
      nor the wind is moving. It's your mind that's moving." As
      Nisargadatta (and countless others) have said: "All there
      is is Consciousness." It's just the mind that's moving (or
      conscious). There are no objects as such.

      KKT QUOTES RAMESH BALSEKAR FOR GARY

      GARY: Amazing. When I first read Ramesh, I had the distinct
      impression that he had been highly influenced by Wei Wu Wei
      by the way he (Ramesh) wrote and the phraseology he used.
      And yet he never mentions Wei Wu Wei in any of his
      writings. No big deal, of course, but I have always
      wondered why Ramesh never acknowledged Wei Wu Wei's obvious
      influence.

      KKT: In "Consciousness Speaks", p.308:

      RB: [...] Aside from Lao Tzu, another person who interested
      me in my early reading a great deal was Wei Wu Wei . He's
      abstruse, not easily understood. In one of his prefaces he
      says he's deliberately trying to be abstruse, that anyone
      who needs a deeper explanation is not ready for the book.
      Someone presented me with a copy of one of his books in
      1965. I went through it cursorily and I knew then that it
      was a real treasure, but I couldn't appreciate it at the
      time . So again, like the astrological reading, I just kept
      it aside .

      When I started going to Maharaj, I suddenly remembered the
      book and it was astonishing. Maharaj would give talks in
      the morning. What I would read in the book in the evening,
      next morning Maharaj would talk about. It was fantastic!
      Wei Wu Wei was not Chinese, you know. He was an Irish
      aristocrat, a millionaire . He had a chateau in the south
      of France . He was an authority on wines, a huge man, six
      foot three inches, and very heavy .

      Q: Was Wei Wu Wei fully realized?

      RB: I don't really know.

      MIGUEL-ANGEL ADDRESSES DAN

      If the contrary states of ignorance and realization are a
      dualistic assumption, then why is it that Sankara, the
      father of Advaita, makes constant use of them? Does this
      mean that Sankara was a cripto-dualist?

      Dan, could you please answer the question you place: "Who
      is constructing these dualities and then trying to rectify
      them?"

      If there is no duality ignorance/realization, then how is
      it that it is assumed to exist? Isn't this very assumption
      a case of ignorance? And isn't your post (and the statement
      that there is no duality) a case of knowledge? If your
      position is correct, and a different one isn't, don't we
      have a case of duality knowledge/ignorance? If such a
      distinction did not exist, then why did you take the
      trouble of answering my previous post?

      TIM HARRIS, WITH SHANKAR, FROM THE I AM LIST

      SHANKAR: I think mind does move back, which is
      Self-Enquiry. And, even the primeval sound source of
      creation, Aum, arises after the rise of the
      'body-consciousness'. Therefore, even sound is not
      absolute.

      All exist in the Self alone. Self alone is absolute.

      *****

      TIM: If it 'looks' like 'bait'... it is. Thus, I gladly
      step into this trap Shiva.

      I humbly 'disagree'.

      'Absolute' means 'void of change' or 'incapable of change'.
      It is 'easier' to 'change' one's 'self' than it is to
      'change the world'.

      Thus, the 'self is changable' and is 'not absolute' and the
      only conspiracy is that of 'man against man' in terms of
      'insulating the truth' from the people by using 'fear and
      anger' to fuel the fire and 'banning the works' of those
      the 'choose' to serve man rather than the 'man-made God'.

      Thus, if the self is not absolute neither then is the world
      and the 'system or process' or whatever it is you call it
      is as flawed as the mind that created it. Destruction,
      oppression, and slavery are not the road to forging a true
      tomorrow.

      A 'true God', by any definition, 'serves his people' and
      rebukes 'his followers' which are motivated only by
      learning the 'how' of his truth then modifying it to their
      own 'self-indulgent' ends. These will 'not' be forgotten.

      There are no more chances here. What is, is and 'this
      world' and its 'man-made' PROCESS is eternally flawed.

      Take the change or be on your way beggar. I offer 'food for
      your bowl' as you say you are hungry. Why then do you throw
      it back at me and ask for money?

      I am not here for the pathetic souls of those that 'wait'
      for the change that can only come from within. I am not
      here for those that distort the truth and oppress those
      that place their trust in them.

      I am here to re-kindle the 'spirit' of Jesus Christ and
      those that come with him. By your own 'works and words'
      will you be judged, as I was judged, by a higher authority
      than man.

      Amen.

      ED ARRONS AND XAN

      ED: Last night, or rather about 4:30 AM this morning, "I"
      awakened with the awareness that an "other", in female
      form, had become an integral part of "me". "She" and "I"
      were simply loving each other as "myself". This act of
      loving felt *whole* and extremely peaceful.

      The "Observer-self" noted, that though this event was
      previously considered inconceivable, all 'that talk' about
      "we are all really one" now seemed astonishingly real.

      Loving the Self

      XAN: This happened to me the other day. I was hanging out
      with my son's cats while he is traveling. One of them is a
      sweet young thing who is quite affectionate. I was lounging
      on the sofa so that he could lounge on my body, and, dozing
      off I felt his tap on my chest to bring me back. A little
      petting for him and then I began to read a story ...
      another tap. I looked at him, into his clear blue eyes, and
      saw there what he wanted. Open hearted we swam in love as
      love.

      LARRY BIDDINGER

      Jerry asked: What else in nature is it impossible to stare
      at?

      I find it almost impossible to look someone else, friend or
      stranger, in the eye without an undesirable interactive
      responsiveness arising. On rare occasions, eyes meet and
      it's like mirror to mirror without any kind of signal being
      sent. Is nondual eye contact like looking in a mirror? or
      maybe like being a mirror. What's the view?

      Larry

      MORE LARRY

      Has anyone read "Zen Driving"? What's the gist? When I
      drive, my body drives and my mind talks to itself, or else
      I drive like I want to be somewhere in front of myself; and
      there have been occasions when I drive like I want to
      escape from myself. I imagine zen driving is driving as the
      noone poised in the dot of now, which is really nothing,
      but potentially everything. What is nondual driving,
      gridlock? I think Ramana mentioned something about
      sleepwalking once. Is it sleepdriving? Does the journey
      just arise spontaneously? What about the other guy; does he
      exist? Is there no possibility of a destination?

      JUDI AND GLO

      Summertime and the livin' is easy, fish are jumpin' and the
      cotton is high...

      Happy Days, Judi

      *****

      One of these mornin's you're gonna rise up singin' Then
      you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky --Glo

      *****

      So beautiful, and sure enough! Like Peter Pan - I gotta
      crow! --Judi

      We are the Nonduality Generation.
      http://www.nonduality.com