Tuesday/June 20

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2000
      Space is nonbeing.
      Nonbeing appears where there is no space.
      Formless and inexhaustable.
      Being appears in nonbeing.
      Emptiness is filled.
      Creativity appears in stillness.

      --Andrew Macnab

      A LETTER TO JUDI RHODES

      Judi, I remember living with you for a few days in Felton
      when my kids and I are were moving about trying to find a
      safe spot in the John P. group. I think I went up to Mt.
      Shasta while I was with you. It was probably the summer of
      1978. Anyway,I love you. I read your web site and my mind
      opened up and some tiny barely perceptable shift occurred
      and now I am sitting, reading, existing, breathing,
      shitting, eating, sleeping, talking in what I have always
      been. Nothing to lose or gain or MAINTAIN. This past hour
      is the first hour of this existence in which it is as plain
      as the nose on my face that there is nothing to search for.
      Happy day, eternal day. Beyond mood, sensation, desire. I
      have always been here. Beyond and most simple awareness.
      All the 'spiritual work' is unnecessary. Nothing to lose or
      gain. My name is Katie Bell, sometimes I go by Grace.
      Gordon was my ex-husband. My children are named Chris and
      Omen and Lotus. Do you remember us? What a website!
      KatieGrace

      DAVE (MANCHINE)

      Gene, always thrilling to hear from you.

      I feel a great deal of empathy with this model, but then my
      original background is electronics, though as you know it
      is a widely used model in many fields. I particularly
      appreciate the wonderful bridge it makes between the
      physical and the non-physical.

      My most major insights in the realization process for me
      came from this model.

      I must add, that the model is fading... it too being a
      construct of the interactions, but....

      You wrote: _3 Our 'physical universe' is composed of
      'standing wave patterns' (interference patterns) which are
      the product of our continual energetic emanations, as they
      are bounced off of the 'form' of samskara. This insight
      leads to certain conclusions:

      _a The physical universe 'exists' as a product of force and
      reflection of force;

      _b If the transmission of force halts, the universe
      disappears; and/or

      _c If the 'samskara' are allowed to dissolve (no
      reflection), emanated force moves outward from the center,
      in an infinite que.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~

      A matter of interest to me has been the source energy. I
      originally saw it as actual energy, the common everyday
      invisible non-physical motive kind. Infinite of course.

      Also, originally, I could not imagine there not being this
      source energy.

      Since then, I have experienced _a, _b and _c above.

      Well, I experienced _b in that I saw that the Universe was
      created purely by this interference pattern of energy, not
      so much that the transmission source halted. The pattern
      has always (in the now) been here, but it is not at all the
      Physical Universe that I knew. It is a non-physical
      Universe.

      And _c is experienced off and on, when possible, which
      further amplifies the effect of a non-existant Universe.

      With respect to the source energy, I have seen it over the
      last while, as an energy of compassion or Love, similar to
      that mentioned in our more recent conversations of power or
      power dissipation through identity. Actually more like an
      escence. IT's escence, IT's only characteristic.

      Previously I had not seen this energy as Love energy, and
      it was one of the keys for me. Love to me has always been
      very physical; not like sex physical, so much as "physical
      Universe model" physical.

      This subtle change in the energy source has not changed the
      model, but changes the nature of the reflections. It's
      almost as if they were created intentionally... as I found
      myself saying in an earlier post.. "Imagine creating ego
      and purposly throwing yourself into it to show its
      futility." A genuine "act of compassion" especially at such
      a level.

      The reflections present a SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) of 1:1
      when perfectly balanced. The reflections exactly equal the
      source, the creation reflects in entirety the perfect
      Compassion that was transmitted. Infinite expenditure,
      infinite reflection, zero loss.

      This perfect balance refelcts an infinite variety of
      harmonics of zero amplitude.... yep, that's us folks. Zero
      amplitude, but brightly illuminated by the light of the
      Source.

      So if I resist, identifying and claiming a stake in this
      marvel as an individual apart, I cause a discontinuity
      absorb energy and heat and create a reflection.

      If I resonate, I absorb very little energy, cause little
      reflection, yet empathize with the source, become one with
      it.

      An interesting aspect is an "answer to the question", "what
      happens if everybody resonates?" and there is no
      relfection. There's a transform function (Laplace) that
      convers time based phenomena to frequency based phenomena.
      There's a theoretical element called the impulse funtion.
      It is represented by the number "1". It is an infinite
      pulse of zero duration.

      What is "IS" baby. This is ALL now. Resonate or reflect. Do
      with the energy as you will. Either way it's perfect.

      GENE POOLE

      More on 'tonal harmonics':

      In physics, it is said that 'given a perturbable medium'
      (such as water) and a 'periodic perturbation to that
      medium', that an observer will note 'standing waves'.
      Imagine this as tossing pebbles into a pond on a regular
      basis, say every 20 seconds. If the pebbles are about the
      same size, and are tossed into the center of the pond, one
      at at time, an interesting thing is observed.

      We can note that as a pebble hits the water, it produces
      outgoing waves. As the next pebble is tossed, the outgoing
      waves it produces, collide with the returning waves
      produced by the first pebble.

      If this process is continued, 'interference patterns' are
      seen to be predictably displayed on the surface of the
      pond. This is of course, if the pond is small, so that the
      energy of the outgoing waves bounces from the boundaries of
      the pond, to return to the center.

      A 'standing wave' is possible only if there is continued
      input of energy into the system in question; a standing
      wave is what is seen in 'cross section' of the pond, above.
      Imagine two kids holding the ends of a long jump-rope, each
      'waving' the rope. A nice 'sine' wave can be produced this
      way, and it will maintain, as long as the kids move the
      rope. If they stop putting energy into the rope, it just
      droops and falls to the ground. In short, without
      energy-input, there is no wave-pattern. A standing wave,
      stands only when energized.

      The issue of 'tonal harmonics' is a vast one, which I will
      not try to cover in a single posting. Here are some
      highlights:

      _1 In an infinitely large 'pond', there is no (shore)
      boundary to send the force back to the center, if there was
      a center to infinity. Any energy expended in this vast
      infinite 'pond' simply goes outward forever, in a que of
      waves.

      _2 In this vast infinite pond, our energetic emanations
      find reflection, not on a far shore, but against our own
      limitations. It is this force of reflected emission which
      we know as 'Karma'; our 'limitations' are known as
      'Samskara'. By this process of sending and resending and
      resending, always sending back the resendings (reflected
      from samskara), our 'physical universe' is formed. Our
      universe is a vast pattern of resonance and dissonance, or
      'tonal harmonics'.

      (Please note Etemoids: send, sent, resending, resentment;
      samskara="resentment")

      _3 Our 'physical universe' is composed of 'standing wave
      patterns' (interference patterns) which are the product of
      our continual energetic emanations, as they are bounced off
      of the 'form' of samskara. This insight leads to certain
      conclusions:

      _a The physical universe 'exists' as a product of force and
      reflection of force;

      _b If the transmission of force halts, the universe
      disappears; and/or

      _c If the 'samskara' are allowed to dissolve (no
      reflection), emanated force moves outward from the center,
      in an infinite que.

      In either case above, the 'physical universe' no longer
      exists. In (b), force is halted, but samskara remain;
      subjectively, this is a 'state of Being' in which there is
      'no reaction'. This is what I call 'abiding'. In this
      abiding, samskara (the personalized forms which we desire
      and/or avoid) are clearly seen for what they are; in this
      way is Karma visualized. In this state, there is nothing
      but 'alive stuff', and it is 'all you'. People who have
      this experience, have been known to say, 'I have created my
      universe'.

      In (c) above, with no reflection, emanated force fills the
      entire of infinity. In this 'version', if there is a moment
      of self-reflection (IE, identification), the whole process
      of reflection begins again. This is akin to the 'big bang'
      event, or as I prefer to call it, the "Play It Again, Sam"
      syndrome of self-creation via self-interruption.

      (One might ask of the above, "why does samskara reflect?"
      Samskara reflects, because we have 'stabilized' it into a
      virtual solid, by the (unconscious) act of repression.
      "What we resist, persists".)

      In our shared reality, it is possible to learn to take
      advantage of the above 'inevitable events', much in the
      same way that a surfer rides waves. It is the deliberate
      study of this and the practical exploitation of this, that
      is called 'Yoga'.

      For more information on this kind of thing, please read:

      "The Secret Oral Teachings in Tibetan Buddhist Sects" by
      Alexandra David-Neel (City Lights Books, SF, Ca)

      Now, pass me that electron-wrench...

      ED ARRONS

      Last night, or rather about 4:30 AM this morning, "I"
      awakened with the awareness that an "other", in female
      form, had become an integral part of "me". "She" and "I"
      were simply loving each other as "myself". This act of
      loving felt *whole* and extremely peaceful.

      The "Observer-self" noted, that though this event was
      previously considered inconceivable, all 'that talk' about
      "we are all really one" now seemed astonishingly real.

      Loving the Self

      *****

      MARCIA PAUL

      I could say I know what you mean and it would be true.

      There is a doorway or an opening which is direct. I
      experienced this with my father after he died. I communed
      with him and we reconciled.

      I guess my only caveat is that I wouldn't say it was
      "myself." And I feel it as all being connected and not all
      one. This could be semantics. And peaceful was not the
      response I experienced although I feel that depends on the
      circumstances.

      There is a place that we can look from and through our eyes
      which is the same place. We can find each other there and
      all is whole and connected. It all breathes together.

      I have found a way to heal. I am not "good" at it yet. It
      has to do with holding. Holding things together and in
      place. The doorway is inward and direct. It does not matter
      what is happening "out there." This place is strong and
      firm and very kind but it is not emotional as I normally
      experience emotions.

      TIM HARRIS (from the I AM list)

      Image is false.

      Sound is absolute.

      Sound is void of image.

      Image needs sound.

      The experience of 'here/now' is 'mind'.

      No-mind does not move 'forward'.

      Mind does not move 'back'.

      Time does not exist between these points.

      OM.

      Each unit of 'time' (day, week, month, year, moment,
      whatever) are proportionate and thus no distinction can be
      made.

      Existence works from 'beginning' to 'end'... it 'is' this
      easy.

      Thus, what you 'are' (a single sound of 'all' sounds
      altered by experience/perception/judgement) exists as the
      'being element' of an absolute understanding 'here/now'
      which is eternally 'divisible', as is mind, to the edge of
      'first cause/effect' but 'can not' be made larger than the
      whole of the/this experience.

      To see 'beyond' is to 'know no-mind'(all mind or the
      merging into the Buddha-mind or God-self as mind) yet can
      not be 'grasped' as 'it's (other) knowing' for, 'becoming'
      does not exist in this moment.

      Relax.

      There is no where to 'go'. Only in silence 'within' can one
      see the 'first' manifestation of this single moment.

      At the first 'awakened realization'... 'panic' then 'rest'.

      Thus, what you and others 'think' you are (a projected
      image of judgement/perception leveraged against the silence
      of 'being' defined by its label and agreed on as it's
      definition) does not exist.

      Do not move on this image.

      This is your image.

      Silence is your sound.

      Light does not exist but for a string of frequencies giving
      form. No-form is 'still' light.

      Sound is a string of connected cause/effect events that
      change the projected image (or end point) in the becoming
      of the I AM.

      Image is a destination that moves (changes) with each
      'turn' thus to focus on this end is to never know and be
      lost in the 'spin' of the cycles of life, death, and
      re-birth.

      To know one's own sound, is to understand that at this
      moment, here/now, one is at the pinicle of 'all' experience
      and thus 'perfect to this point' yet striving at 'becoming
      excellence' which, as we know, does not exist. :o)

      Stop.

      See.

      Be.

      Adjust.

      Become.

      Stop.

      Again.

      ...LOL... I think.

      I do not.

      Is 'plain to see' there?

      Regards,

      Jesus Christ

      *****

      SHANKAR (from I AM list)

      Dear Tim

      This is wonderful! Thanks!

      But, I think mind does move back, which is Self-Enquiry.
      And, even the primeval sound source of creation, Aum,
      arises after the rise of the 'body-consciousness'.
      Therefore, even sound is not absolute.

      All exist in the Self alone. Self alone is absolute.

      Kind regards.

      TIM GERCHMEZ

      WHAT TO DO...

      When you know what you are not, you will only be what you
      are. You are what you are already, but thick clouds of
      ideas and concepts confuse and confound us. The most
      pervasive concept is "I am a body." Surprisingly, this is
      also the easiest concept to drop.

      To know what you are not, no meditation is required or
      recommended. No mantras are necessary to be chanted. No
      particular diet is important. All these things will only
      add to the cloud of concepts, making it ever thicker.

      Once a day, when going to bed at night, drop all concepts.
      Drop the past, the present and the future. Drop the idea
      that you are a body, drop ALL ideas. Let everything
      perceivable and conceivable fall away immediately upon
      turning out the light. This becomes habitual after a while,
      and upon lying down to sleep everything falls away by
      itself. No effort is required. Surrender is automatic and
      absolutely effortless when there is nothing to counteract
      it.

      When "I am the body" is no more, there will come times
      where you will be unable to locate yourself in space,
      especially when the body's eyes are closed. You will not
      really know where you are. This is normal, because you are
      truly everywhere and nowhere. Let that sense of being
      located somewhere fall away, and do not fear the sensation
      of being nowhere in particular. When those times begin to
      appear, "I am the body" is no more.

      Along with the body-identity goes identity with the mind,
      as the two are a unit. There will be difficulty in placing
      a "me" anywhere, because there is nowhere for the "me"
      concept to rest but on the body. When the mistaken and
      fallacious notion "I am a body" is gone, the "me" goes
      along with it. There may be the illusion that this takes
      some time; let that alone and go along with whatever comes
      to pass, fearlessly.

      The concept of time is intimately connected with thought.
      In fact, time is thought, and thought is time. When thought
      becomes still, the perception of time immediately ceases.
      There is no way to quiet thought by will, since willpower
      is itself thought. Simply realize this. If thoughts occur,
      they will occur... it is certainly not "you" generating
      this! Let the forces that govern these things act as they
      will; it is under the control of nobody.

      The Hindu idea of the three gunas is remarkably similar to
      the Western scientific view of protons, neutrons and
      electrons, which (in the form of atoms) make up
      *everything*. Everything is a play of three forces.
      Electrons may be viewed as "rajas," the motive force,
      protons as "tamas" (the obscuring force), and neutrons as
      "sattva" (the spiritual force).

      Since everything that occurs is simply a play of these
      forces, there is no room for a "me" or any other concepts,
      is there? The forces interact and produce matter and
      energy, and that is all there is -- matter and energy.

      Thought is a combination of electrons (the motive force)
      and chemical interaction (these chemicals are all made up
      of protons, neutrons and electrons). The body is also made
      up of protons, neutrons and electrons, as is everything
      else. There is no central controller, no "me" involved. See
      this clearly. The forces will interact precisely as they
      will, and all else is illusion.

      Do not take these words too literally; they are pointers
      and no more. They are not subject to argumentation. If they
      are not useful, drop them now and delete this posting.

      You may immediately begin once per day, upon retiring to
      bed, to drop everything. At first it may seem like it takes
      some effort to do this. Let it become habitual, and very
      rapidly it will be seen that you were fighting against this
      surrender, and then it will be seen that the "you" fighting
      the surrender is no more than yet another concept among all
      others, and then that the surrender itself is also a
      concept. Let things occur as they will and stop moving away
      from what occurs naturally.

      JERRY

      Is the sun consciousness? At one time in the 70's I was
      into my own brand of sun worship. I would stare into the
      sun at its height for two or three seconds at a time.
      Probably not a smart thing to do. I saw the sun as
      consciousness and meditated upon it. I carried this on for
      several years. It seemed to be a purifying act. A healing
      act. Any image could be visualized and then transplanted
      onto the sun for 'healing'.

      Anyone else ever get into the metaphysics of the sun?

      *****

      MANCHINE

      We know that the further away a star, the older the image.
      Looking out there, I couldn't get my mind around the fact
      that in an expanding universe then, all the things on the
      perimeter of our vision would be the oldest, yet closer to
      the center, presuming a big bang of course. Yet "I" was
      closer to "now" than anything else I saw.... farther from
      the center.... yet in the center.

      It left me perplexed. How could I not have "understood"
      then? Space has the answer, if we were not so stubbornly
      blind.

      Perhaps that's the purpose. Imagine, creating ego and
      throwing yourself into it, just to show it's futility.

      My goodness, what more is there in store?

      *****

      ED ARRONS

      I have seen how "I am", "we are", "all is" an outgrowth of
      the sun's energy. In a sense, we are the sun.

      The sun seems like a good metaphor of Pure Awareness
      Manifesting as ALL, making us an aspect of Itself.

      *****

      SUSAN CARLSON

      I have found the Sun has it's own consciousness just like
      the earth does, although we call her Gaia.

      As Nuit declared in the first section of the (Egyptian)
      Book of the Law: "Every man and every women is a star."

      For further reading: http://www.sangraal.com/bardorion.htm

      Here you will find an introduction and explanation of how
      great souls become stars from the ancient Egyptian view
      point.

      Some day Jerry, you must come and jump into the Sun with
      me.

      Love, Susan

      We are the Nonduality Generation.
      http://www.nonduality.com