#3847 - Saturday, March 27, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3847, Saturday, March 27, 2010

      In the presence of Sangha, In the light of Dharma,
      In oneness with Buddha - may
      my path to complete enlightenment
      benefit everyone.

      In this passing moment karma ripens
      and all things come to be.
      I vow to affirm what is:
      If there's cost, I choose to pay.
      If there's need, I choose to give.
      If there's pain, I choose to feel.
      If there's sorrow, I choose to grieve.
      When calm, I choose peace.
      When starving, I choose hunger.
      When happy, I choose joy.
      Whom I encounter, I choose to meet.
      What I shoulder, I choose to bear.
      When it's my birth, I choose to live.
      When it's my death, I choose to die.
      Where this takes me, I choose to go.
      Being with what is, I respond to what is.
      This life is as real as a dream;
      The one who knows it can not be found;
      and truth is not a thing, therefore I vow
      to choose this Dharma entrance gate.
      May all Buddhas and Wise Ones
      help me live this vow.

      - Shodo Harada Roshi, posted to DailyDharma

      Embrace the Wheel
      On the grit of mortality
      It is heavy.

      Lightened by goodness
      You float.

      Empty hands
      let it roll.

      Break for innocence.
      Renewed as a child.

      Embrace the wheel,
      but make it sing in its tracks.

      - Roy Nuzzo, posted to Allspirit

      Once the blossoms are gone, the fruit becomes visible;
      when one fades away, the other starts to grow.
      How could bread give strength without being broken?
      How could the grape give wine without being trodden?

      - Rumi. Mathnawi I, 2930-31, version by Muriel Maufroy from Breathing Truth - Quotations from Jalaluddin Rumi, posted to Sunlight

      Drumsound rises on the air,
      its throb, my heart.

      A voice inside the beat
      says, "I know you're tired,
      but come. This is the way."

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks from Birdsong, posted to AlongTheWay

      the tired wanderer
      loses the strength to go on
      and in surrendering to hopelessness
      is surprised
      to finally feel at home

      the hurried creek
      pauses in a cold, stony pool
      and in sudden stillness
      at the distant ocean

      the frightened warrior
      decides, "I am ready to die"
      and in willing abandon

      the fitful breeze
      fades to calm in the afternoon heat
      and in catching its breath
      is reborm
      as undying tradewinds

      the troubled philosopher
      finds nothing to believe in
      and in unexpected silence
      just smiles
      at the still unanswered questions

      the restless sea
      becomes smooth and mirrors the clouds
      and in ceasing all motion
      its own depths

      the saddened lover
      faces the loss of illusion once again
      and in dying to passion
      falls in love
      with love itself

      the weary sun
      sinks into the embrace of the horizon
      and in resting at last
      welcomes other shores
      to a new day

      - Nirmala, from Gifts with No Giver: a love affair with truth