#3842, - Sunday, March 21, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3842, Sunday, March 21, 2010

      One of the nicest metaphors I heard was from Ajahn Sumedho.

      He talked about our experience of being in a room.

      We can look at, say, the picture on the wall or a chair or a foot stool.

      Then have opinions or inner commentary about each of the things and their relationships...

      ...nice picture, pretty colours, reminds me of a story I once heard, that footstool doesn't go with that chair...the fung shui in here sucks...etc

      (Which is ALWAYS THERE whether the objects are or not, and no matter what our opinions, fantasies, inner dialogues about them are.)

      The space is "as true" as the perception of any object.
      The space is always present.
      The space is a constant; a given....not dependent on any of the things.
      The space is independent even of the observer.
      The space exists even without the room.
      The space exists independent of the idea of time.
      The space is simple, obvious and ever present.
      The space is so easily overlooked by the human inner verbal commentary.
      A lovely metaphor aimed again at effing the ineffable and allowing direct experience of the herenow always.

      - Keith Nightingale (Swaraja), from his blog http://realisingherenow.blogspot.com/2010/03/one-ness-ness-ness.html

      The mind freed of "me" and its desires is free to move in boundless space with the silent pulse of the universe.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, posted to AlongTheWay

      That's all you have to do - just abide in that stillness.

      If you know how to be with that stillness without looking for anything else then that stillness is no longer just a stillness and that stillness is the Buddha Mind, it is the luminous awareness.

      In that stillness you are going to discover your true nature.

      The discovery of your true nature is the true liberation, is the bodhi, is the great awakening.

      - Tulku Thubten Rinpoche, posted to DailyDharma

      Meditation is not a way to enlightenment, nor is it a method of achieving anything at all.

      It is peace and blessedness itself. It is the actualization of wisdom, the ultimate truth of the oneness of things.

      - Dogen, posted to Distillation

      You are the One which is aware of the Awareness of objects and ideas. You are the One which is even more silent than Awareness. You are the life which precedes the concept of life. Your nature is Silence and it is not attainable, it always Is.

      - Papaji, posted to AlongTheWay

      There is a community of the spirit.
      Join it, and feel the delight
      of walking in the noisy street
      and being the noise.

      Drink all your passion
      and be a disgrace.

      Close both eyes
      to see with the other eye.

      Open your hands,
      if you want to be held.

      Sit down in this circle.

      Quit acting like a wolf, and feel
      the shepherd's love filling you.

      At night, your beloved wanders.
      Don't accept consolations.

      Close your mouth against food.
      Taste the lover's mouth in yours.

      You moan, "She left me." "He left me."
      Twenty more will come.

      Be empty of worrying.
      Think who created thought!

      Why do you stay in prison
      when the door is so wide open?

      Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.
      Live in silence.

      Flow down and down in always
      widening rings of being.

      - Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 2577, version by Coleman Barks from The Essential Rumi, posted to Sunlight