#3833 - Friday, March 12, 2010 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2010
      #3833 - Friday, March 12, 2010 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Just as we would have expected the sun to rise, we thought this baby would be born. But one of the four agreements says, "Don't make assumptions." Well, I'm sorry, but I think you can assume that two weeks prior to one's due date, positive check-ups along the way, and nothing wrong being done, I'm sure it's okay to assume the baby would have been born.

      In my best friend's case it didn't happen. Two weeks before the due date, a placental abruption cut off nutrients and oxygen from the life within. The child could not be saved. He looked perfectly normal. A whole baby. With no heartbeat, he was baptized. He lay with his mother. Photos were taken. Eventually, calls were made. You only get two visitors at a time like this, pain and love. At the funeral Saturday, they'll walk in as giants.

      "Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality."
      ~ Emily Dickinson

      Eckhart Tolle "Present Moment Reminders"

      Change is absolutely necessary in this world, and the dissolution of many of the ego-based structures is necessary for humanity to survive. What's happening isn't 'dreadfully bad.' It needs to happen; the intelligence behind phenomena is doing it, so it's a good thing.

      ~ ~ ~

      The challenge that many people are encountering at this time is actually that which will push them into a new state of consciousness; that is the possibility-the promise whenever you encounter a crisis, whether personal or collective. It's an opening into the new way of being, the new state of consciousness.

      ~ ~ ~

      Suffering the consequences of unconsciousness is the fire that ultimately burns up the false ego, but that's the long, slow, painful way. The short cut is any spiritual teaching that cuts through the long way, the painful way of waking up.

      ~ ~ ~

      Take responsibility for your state of consciousness Now. This is what the entire teaching really is about. What is my state of consciousness in this moment?

      ~ ~ ~

      It's your state of consciousness in the present moment that determines what kind of world you create, because you are humanity. Humanity as an abstract doesn't exist; humanity is the 'human being.'

      ~ ~ ~

      Is it possible for you to embrace uncertainty, and not demand that you should know what is going to happen to you in your life situation? To embrace uncertainty?

      ~ ~ ~

      What grace to see that the very thing that looked so heavy in the world of form, the very thing that seemed to be limiting me on all sides, that very thing is the doorway into the formless and into who I am beyond form. What grace to see that ultimately they are one. Form is emptiness; emptiness is form. They are one.