#3821 - Sunday, February 28, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3821, Sunday, February 28, 2010

      You cannot love others unless you love yourself. You cannot be compassionate to others, unlesss you are compassionate with yourself.

      - The Dalai Lama

      How can you surrender your self unless you find your self in the first place? Let go all this talk of letting go of self... it may be premature.. put on your Sherlock hat.. pick up your magnifying glass, and go for it!! Keep on prying, searching, digging... you will find your self ...maybe hiding under the porch of parenthood, or in the dumpster of drunkenness... or under the hypocritical skin of a saint. Your "aha, this is my self!" day will come... and then; then, you can let go... you have met him or her... the handshake or hug is over... no need to hang on once you are introduced... relax, let go... self recognition has its own light that sets fire to remaining strings. When self is surrendered - i think it is the Divine Law of the Universe - there is nothing left but true compassion...

      - dg, posted to DailyDharma

      Whoever, whatever, whenever you are, tread the divine water cleanliness which is detachment. I have not come to teach you anything new. Be honest to yourself, sincere to yourself, and be detached.

      This method is so simple, so sweet, it is free from religions, ideologies, politics. It makes one experience who one is. Fulfil your role, yet be free.

      - Maitreya

      To read about the lives of the Buddha, Lao Tzu, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Zoroaster, Milarepa, the Holy Mother, Ramana Maharshi, Ghandi, Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King Jr. is inspiring in itself, but to have lived with such people and cultivated oneself under their tutelage is quite another matter. How would you feel if you had lived in Jerusalem at the time of Jesus and never met the guy? What a tragedy it would have been to have known the Buddha personally, but due to religious prejudice or tunnel vision, a person remained closed to his message of compassion. Seeking the council of those whom you deem wise is a great way to live. The only thing better: BE one yourself!

      And what makes you think you are not one of those remarkable souls right now?I had no idea of my inner spiritual potential when I was young. It is never too late to know your own innate Divinity, so real-ize it (make it real) by any means natural to you. Just be sure your path is integrated.That means your body is healthy, flexible, and energetic; your emotions appropriate to the situation; your mind alert, curious, and clear; and your spirit is all-embracing and tranquil. As these facets of your being are integrated with each other, use your mature ego to benefit all beings.

      If there is no trace of love, selflessness, spontaneity, paradox and mystery in your life, there is no real Divinity or Play, in my opinion. I chose those particular aspects of the Divine because they are most often absent in people trying to be spiritual or trying to appear spiritual to themselves and others. Are all those qualities present in your life?

      - Mark Johnson

      We are the answer

      We take long trips. We puzzle over the meaning
      of a painting or a book, when what we're wanting
      to see and understand in this world; we are that.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks from Open Secret, posted to AlongTheWay

      Most of what
      You call love
      Is just business.

      You demand
      Sufficient return
      On your investment
      Or you go elsewhere.

      No one likes to
      Suffer a loss.

      After all,
      If you don't manage
      Your portfolio
      Who will?

      It's not the sort of thing
      You want to leave to chance.

      Problem is
      You're always in fear
      You're always hedging.

      Ram Tzu know this...

      It's a losing proposition
      Trying to keep that
      Which you haven't got.

      - Ram Tzu, posted to Distillation

      Laughter
      Is fear's
      Greatest dread;
      Its deadly
      Enemy.

      No fear
      Can survive
      Heartfelt laughter...
      Remember, lucky friend:

      God's will created
      All this
      With a wink,
      For amusement,
      Pure joy
      And everlasting
      Delight!

      Timeless bliss
      Beyond mind
      Impersonal and boundless
      Is your true, essential
      Nature.

      So, reposing in this remembrance,
      Cultivate fearlessly
      Your unconditioned
      Inner smile!

      BOOM!

      in love,
      - Yosy Flug, posted to Allspirit

      Absolute perfection is here and now, not in some future, near or far. The secret is in action - here and now. It is your behavior that blinds you to yourself. Disregard whatever you think yourself to be and act as if you were absolutely perfect - whatever your idea of perfection may be. All you need is courage.