#3819 - Friday, February 26, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2010

      #3819 - Friday, February 26, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Ed note: Sometimes the best is put in last, especially when it takes you off to Youtube land.
      This outstanding short film is an insight into how life is for Tibetans these days. The film's maker
      has paid the heavy price of a prison sentence to let their voices be heard.

      We take long trips.  We puzzle over the meaning
      of a painting or a book, when what we're wanting
      to see and understand in this world, we are that.

                          - Rumi
      posted to Along The Way

      One moon shows in every pool, in every pool the one moon.
      -Zen Proverb
      _____

      "You will come to see that every moment is exactly like your "That's it!" (peak experience in satsang when you feel enlightened) moment.

      You will find that you are thoughtless just like in the satsang moments.  This is because your nature is that space within which thought arises.  Thought is free to arise, or not.  And you are always in direct contact with awareness, because there is nowhere else to go, and nothing else available that can serve as a veil between you and awareness.  There is never anywhere else for you to be. You are in unbroken contact with awareness because you are awareness.   "You" and "awareness" - two words for the same thing."

      Greg Goode
      Standing As Awareness
      Non-Duality Press
      p.86

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      Know Thy World

      For me the starting point is overcoming ignorance. That’s where the Buddha said we should start. We have to make it part of our daily discipline to become better informed about the world we live in. We need to be able to distinguish between truth and falsity such as misinformation from our governments and from mainstream news media.
      - Richard Reoch

      Suffering the consequences of unconsciousness is the fire that ultimately burns up the false ego, but that's the long, slow, painful way. The short cut is any spiritual teaching that cuts through the long way, the painful way of waking up.
      - Eckhart Tolle

      The Bright Field

      I have seen the sun break through
      to illuminate a small field
      for a while, and gone my way
      and forgotten it. But that was the pearl
      of great price, the one field that had
      treasure in it. I realize now
      that I must give all that I have
      to possess it. Life is not hurrying

      on to a receding future, nor hankering after
      an imagined past. It is the turning
      aside like Moses to the miracle
      of the lit bush, to a brightness
      that seemed as transitory as your youth
      once, but is the eternity that awaits you.

      ~ R. S. Thomas ~

      (Another from the wonderful anthology,
      Soul Food: Nourishing Poems for Starved Minds,
      ed. by Neil Astley and Pamela Robertson-Pearce)

      Leaving Fear Behind

      Zurich, 6. January 2010. Dhondup Wangchen, the Tibetan filmmaker who is currently in
      Chinese detention, has been sentenced to six years' imprisonment by the provincial court
      in Xining (capital of Qinghai province). His arrest in March 2008 came shortly after
      completion of filming for his documentary film «Leaving Fear Behind» in which Tibetans
      spoke out about their lives in Tibet.