#3814 - Sunday, February 21, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3814, Sunday, February 21, 2010

      Oh beggar
      Fighting for your place in line
      Desiring to have
      Your pitiful cup filled
      Envious of those
      Closer to the dispenser
      And of others
      Holding
      Bigger cups
      Relax!
      Realize:
      This container of mine
      Holds
      An endless supply
      Of
      Grace.
      There is more then enough
      To fill all of creation.

      @}->'->,--
      - Yosy Flug

      the truth catches up with me
      I am not enough
      never have been
      never will be
      what relief to admit this finite container
      can never contain infinity
      what joy to find infinity
      needs no container

      - Nirmala, from Gifts with no Giver - a love affair with truth

      The greatest guru is your inner self. Truly he is the supreme teacher. He alone can take you to your goal and he alone meets you at the end of the road. Confide in him and you need no outer guru.

      Silence is something that comes from your heart, not from outside. Silence doesn't mean not talking and not doing things; it means that you are not disturbed inside. If you're truly silent, then no matter what situation you find yourself in you can enjoy the silence. There are moments when you think you're silent and all around is silent, but talking is going on all the time inside your head. That's not silence. The practice is how to find silence in all the activities you do.

      - Thich Nhat Hanh, from The Heart of the Matteri, posted to Distillation

      In my travels I spent time with a great yogi.
      Once he said to me.

      "Become so still you hear the blood flowing
      through your veins."

      One night as I sat in quiet,
      I seemed on the verge of entering a world inside so vast
      I know it is the source of
      all of
      us.

      - Mirabi, from Love Poems from God by Daniel Ladinsky.

      I have thrown from me the whirling dance of mind
      And stand now in the spirit's silence free,
      Timeless and deathless beyond creature-kind,
      The centre of my own eternity.

      I have escaped and the small self is dead;
      I am immortal, alone, ineffable;
      I have gone out from the universe I made,
      And have grown nameless and immeasurable.

      My mind is hushed in a wide and endless light,
      My heart a solitude of delight and peace,
      My sense unsnared by touch and sound and sight,
      My body a point in white infinities.

      I am the one Being's sole immobile Bliss:
      No one I am, I who am all that is.

      - Sri Aurobindo

      as a flower blown out by the wind
      goes to rest and cannot be defined
      so the wise man freed from individuality
      goes to rest and cannot be defined.
      gone beyond all images -
      gone beyond the power of words

      - from Sutra Nipata