#3808 - Monday, February 15, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2010

      #3808 - Monday, February 15, 2010 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      As Francis Lucille once shared,
      "Words are what we do to keep the mind busy while the transmission happens in the silence."

      It is no coincidence that this website is called StillnessSpeaks.com, that Eckhart Tolle has a book by the same name and that my friend  gently pointed out the missing element not discussed in the video clip we shared with you.

      It is an important message offered to those who have never been in the presence of a great teacher.

      Here is what we discussed:

       At some point, it is true that the mind is no longer useful. It can not and will never come to any successful conceptual understanding of awareness. What occurs is a dissolution of ignorance as the mind realizes its own folly. Ultimately,the vastness reveals itself. In this "seeing", the mind becomes subservient to Presence rather than the other way around.

      Once "the mind" sees the Truth regarding awareness, it's struggle ends.

      So, what does one do at this delicate point?

      This was not clearly discussed in the dialogue with Eckhart Tolle.

      It is simply, that Stillness actually speaks. As I have quietly shared for years, the greatest and humblest piece of advice I offer others deeply interested in Self Inquiry, the deepest secret I know, is the ineffable benefit of being in the presence of the teacher. It is Presence itself that teaches.

      There is only One Teacher.

      Once Eckhart shared that, when counseling others, he simply  "held the space" for them (or some such words). That silent Presence, that sweet Stillness, surrounded and ultimately consumed them, without him needing to speak a word.

      So, now you know the genesis of the Eckhart Tolle's book title and this website's namesake...

      If you have been in the presence of a great teacher, you may have experienced this phenomena. Call it shakti, "spaceless space", "Presence", Consciousness or God. This is where the real teaching happens.

      As Francis Lucille once shared, "Words are what we do to keep the mind busy while the transmission happens in the silence."

      [...continues on webpage given below]

      Eckhart Tolle: The Secret behind the video

      Last week we posted a wildly popular video dialogue with Eckhart Tolle here. In this video, Eckhart and I discussed the "Dark Night of The Soul"  and the intimate and impersonal nature of consciousness. Eckhart explains that the "mind" will never understand "awareness".  (Click here to watch this Eckhart Tolle video dialogue).

      This led to a deeply interesting dinner conversation last week with a friend, who pointed to something ineffable and suggested I read some work of a highly regarded American Mystic, Franklin Merrell-Wolff.

      Click here to read the unspoken teaching of the Eckhart Tolle interview and the core message of this website, frequently overlooked: ":StillnessSpeaks".