#3807 - Sunday, February 14, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3807, Sunday, February 14, 2010

      LOVE DOGS

      One night a man was crying,
      Allah! Allah!
      His lips grew sweet with the praising,
      until a cynic said,
      "So! I have heard you
      calling out, but have you ever
      gotten any response?"

      The man had no answer to that.
      He quit praying and fell into a confused sleep.

      He dreamed he saw Khidr, the guide of souls,
      in a thick, green foliage.
      "Why did you stop praising?"
      "Because I've never heard anything back."
      "This longing
      you express is the return message."

      The grief you cry out from
      draws you toward union.

      Your pure sadnes
      that wants help
      is the secret cup.

      Listen to the moan of a dog for its master.
      That whining is the connection.

      There are love dogs
      no one knows the names of.

      Give your life
      to be one of them.

      - Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, posted to allspirit

      This moment
      This LOVE
      comes to rest in me,
      many beings in one being
      In one wheat-grain
      a thousand sheaf stacks.

      Inside the needle's eye
      a turning night of stars.
      This moment -
      This LOVE.

      - Rumi, from The Illuminated Rumi, posted to DailyDharma

      Poetic Instruction from the One Heart

      Eternally Being Pure Light,
      I have never been anything else.
      "Else" is THIS, too,
      as all appears in me, Infinite, Pure Awareness
      and cannot have qualities apart from my True Being.
      Seeing this, heart and mind combined, is
      Pure Alchemy, transforming all things.
      My Oneness lies in my Allness.
      I AM prior to all that appears,
      pure I-Principle,
      Simple Grace.

      - Maren Springsteen

      Ego and mind and all creations arise out of Self as Self. Even the ugliest of doubts and the most separate of differences rise from the Beautiful Source as Isness. In Self there are no do's and don'ts. If there is unhappiness you are not unhappy, you are the Untouched Awareness of this unhappiness. As waves are not separate from Ocean, nor rays from sun, you are not separate from Existence. You are the moment in which all is.

      - Papaji, posted to AlongTheWay

      Love After Love

      The time will come
      when, with elation
      you will greet yourself arriving
      at your own door, in your own mirror
      and each will smile at the other's welcome,

      and say, sit here. Eat.
      You will love again the stranger who was your self.
      Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
      to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

      all your life, whom you ignored
      for another, who knows you by heart.
      Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

      the photographs, the desperate notes,
      peel your own image from the mirror.
      Sit. Feast on your life.

      - Derek Walcott, posted to The_Now2