#3799 - Saturday, February 6, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7 8:47 AM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3799, Saturday, February 6, 2010

      Disappearance of the Illusion

      You were once a swan singing
      melodies, Lalla. Now you're quiet.

      Someone, I don't know who, has run off
      with what belonged to you.

      The millstone stops, and the hole
      where the grain is fed in fills

      with grain. The channel leading
      to the grinding work is covered over

      and hidden, and the miller
      himself has disappeared.

      - Lalla, from Naked Song, version by Coleman Barks, posted to AlongTheWay

      Any meaning or purpose can only be a mental overlay on what is, right now.

      Time is a concept only. For any meaning or purpose there has to be time and a me as reference points. There simply is no time and there simply is no me.

      Oneness, this immediate presence, is the only reality And in oneness, all appears to happen. But it is only the mind that creates meanings and purposes. Prior to these creations of the mind, you are That.

      The entire point of all the teachings is to be what you are. Identification with the particular is the problem. In giving up mental definitions, it is immediately clear that there can be no< separation, except for an imagined person.

      - Randall Friend You Are No Thing, posted to AlongTheWay

      The relief that originates from a"space" or a "presence" to which we can "go" has a very short life expectancy, for such a space or presence is still a state of mind. The relief that originates from the experience of our true nature is eternal.

      - Francis Lucille, posted to OAStudyGroup

      When there is really a conviction that I am only an instrument, like the billions of human beings through which God or Totality functions, how can there not be a tremendous sense of freedom?

      Refuse all thoughts except one: the thought `I am'. The mind will rebel in the beginning, but with patience and perseverance it will yield and keep quiet. Once you are quiet, things will begin to happen spontaneously and quite naturally, without any interference on your part.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to Distillation

      Who makes these changes?
      I shoot an arrow right.
      It lands left.
      I ride after a deer and find myself
      chased by a hog.
      I plot to get what I want
      and end up in prison.
      I dig pits to trap others
      and fall in.

      I should be suspicious
      of what I want.

      - Rumi Mathnawi VI: 3682-87, from The Essential Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, posted to Sunlight