#3792 - Saturday, January 30, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3792, Saturday, January 30, 2010

      You complain to Ram Tzu...

      You're tired of mysticism.
      You're sick of paradox.
      You want to know what's going on.

      If you want meaning
      Take these words to
      Your professor
      Or your priest.

      It is their job
      To make something
      Out of nothing.

      - Ram Tzu, posted to AlongTheWay

      Disputation and discussion are both futile.
      Why is that?
      Because nothing either party could say could possibly be true,
      And whereas dispute picks out the false,
      Which is too easy to see,
      Discussion seeks the truth which is being pointed at,
      Which is too difficult to describe.

      - Wei Wu Wei,from Posthumous Pieces

      This Truth business is really an interesting one. Because, as Lao Tzu so succintly pointed out in the first line of the Tao Te Ching: "The Tao that can be named is not the true Tao." I would translate that to mean that the truth that can be spoken is not the Truth. Now, what we're doing here is we're trading concepts. Perhaps those concepts may point in the direction of the Truth, but the understanding is that the Truth is not intellectually accessible.

      - Wayne Liquorman, from Acceptance of What Is: A Book About Nothing

      Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coattails.

      - Clarence Darrow

      Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.

      - Edward R. Murrow

      The Self alone exists; and the Self alone is real. Verily the Self alone is the world, the "I" and God. All that exists is but the manifestation of the Supreme Being.

      - Ramana Maharshi