#3771 - Saturday, January 9, 2010

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2010

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3771, Saturday, January 9, 2010

      We say `Pulling out the weeds, we give nourishment to the plant. We pull the weeds and bury them near the plant to give it nourishment.' So even though you have some difficulty in your practice, even though you have some waves while you are sitting, those waves themselves will help you. So you should not be bothered by your mind, you should rather be grateful for the weeds, because eventually they'll enrich your practice. If you have some experience of how the weeds in your mind change into mental nourishment, your practice will make remarkable progress. You will feel the progress, you will feel how they change into self nourishment. This is how we practice Zen.

      - Suzuki Roshi

      Drink deeply. Live in serenity and joy. The wise person delights in the truth And follows the law of the awakened. The farmer channels water to his land. The fletcher whittles his arrows. And the carpenter turns his wood. So the wise direct their mind.

      - Dhammapada, translated by Thomas Byrom, posted to Distillation

      When the subtle mind emerges through the brain and the senses, the gross names and forms are cognized. When it remains in the Heart names and forms disappear... If the mind remains in the Heart, the 'I' or the ego which is the source of all thoughts will go, and the Self, the Real, Eternal 'I' alone will shine. Where there is not the slightest trace of the ego, there is the Self.

      - Ramana Maharshi

      Byron Katie Audio: "I Can't Stand My Best Friend:"

      http://byronkatie.com/2009/12/audio_i_cant_stand_my_best_fri_1.htm