#3754 - Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2009

      #3754 - Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Silence is the language of God, all else is translation - Rumi

      "I have a capacity in my soul for taking in God entirely.
      I am as sure as I live that nothing is so near to me as God.
      God is nearer to me than I am to myself..."
       -- Meister Eckhart

      Posted to Facebook by Tim Gerchmez

      "The silence of a quiet mind is the essence of that beauty. Because it is silent and because it is not the plaything of thought, then in that silence there comes that which is indestructible, which is sacred. In the coming of that which is sacred then life becomes sacred, your life becomes sacred, our relationship becomes sacred, everything becomes sacred."
      -Krishnamurti

      Posted to Facebook by Cathy Gintner

      You are not what happens; you are the space in which it happens. You are not your thoughts; they come and go. You are the vastness in which these thoughts appear and disappear because underneath all your thinking there is the stillness of pure being,... pure consciousness, the timeless dimension of yourself.

      - Eckhart Tolle
      from http://now-for-you.com

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      GangaJi: Choose silence, and love is apparent

      "When we choose silence, we choose to give up the reasons not to love,
      which are the reasons for going to war, or continuing war, or separating,
      or being a victim, or being right. In a moment of silence, in a moment of
      no thought, no mind, we choose to give those up.
      This i...s what my teacher invited me to.

      Just
      choose silence. Don’t even choose love. Choose silence, and love is
      apparent. If we choose love we already have an idea of what love is.

      But
      if you choose silence, that is the end of ideas. You are willing to
      have no idea, to see what is present when there is no idea, past,
      present, future. No idea of love, no idea of truth, no idea of you, no
      idea of me. Love is apparent."

      posted to Facebook by Cullen Anderson

      When we are empty of ego we, too, can carry on in calm acceptance of
      life's varying events. When we cease making prejudicial distinctions -
      gentle or harsh, beautiful or ugly, good or bad - a peaceful stillness
      will permeate our mind. If there is no ego, there is no agitation.

      - Master Han Shan

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      Live in your Unborn Buddha-Mind. Then there's no regression. No need for advancement. Any idea of wanting to make progress is already a regression from the place of the Unborn. A man of the Unborn has nothing to do with advancing or backsliding. He's always beyond them both.

          Since the Buddha-Mind takes care of everything by means of the Unborn, it has nothing to do with Samsara or Nirvana. Seen from the place of the Unborn, both are like shadows in a dream. There can be no death for what was never born.

          The marvelous brightness of the Buddha-Mind, by means of words, is able to enlighten people and deliver them from their illusions one by one. And when someone hears these words, understands and affirms them, he will know for himself that the Buddha-Mind's wonderful brightness surpasses even the brightness of the sun and moon.

          What an incalculable treasure is your Buddha-Mind!

      -

          Writing: The Unborn: The Life and Teachings of Zen Master Bankei
          Translated by Norman Waddell
      posted to OpenAwareness by Dan