#3736 - Saturday, December 5, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3736, Saturday, December 5, 2009

      To know itself the self must be faced with its opposite - the not-self. Desire leads to experience. Experience leads to discrimination, detachment, self-knowledge - liberation. And what is liberation after all? To know that you are beyond birth and death. By forgetting who you are and imagining yourself a mortal creature, you created so much trouble for yourself that you have to wake up, like from a bad dream.

      It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light. First, believe in this world - that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you are not understanding it in the right light. throw the burden on yourselves!

      - Swami Vivekananda

      In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

      - The Buddha

      It is said that truthfulness alone constitutes the spiritual discipline of the Kaliyuga. If a man clings tenaciously to truth he ultimately realizes God.

      - Ramakrishna

      The core principal to all this is that the mind doesn't like to be challenged as being nothing more than a preprogrammed illusion. Once this is seen through as clear as daylight, the game is over, there are no more assumed problems that existed for an assumed self. This whole show of light and sound is just seen for what it is and the undying peace that was always present is all there is, and all there ever is in the present moment.

      Know that all the resistance to this is only the conceptual mind, just doing its thing. Don't worry about it, it's just what must play out. With a little investigation, this whole shooting match can come to an end, and the suffering is over!

      - J.D. Hazlewood

      Letting go of your individuality is meeting the Infinite.

      - Ram Dass