#3728 - Saturday, November 28, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28 9:53 PM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3728, Saturday, November 28, 2009

      We are not separate. Our sense of separateness is superficial and exists only in the physical dimension. In our human element, we are not separate; we're very much connected. Every other human being is just as precious as we are, and worthy of as much respect and love and consideration. This understanding needs to manifest in our conduct in each moment. This is the part of the Work that will transform you.

      - A.H. Almaas, from Diamond Heart Book Four

      You work on yourself, spiritually, as an offering to your fellow beings. Because, until you have cultivated that quality of peace, love, joy, presence, honesty, and truth, all of your acts are colored by your attachments.

      - Ram Dass

      Most relationships start out as unconscious relationships. When the light of awakeness comes to shine inside of that relationship, the unconsciousness within it is going to be revealed. It's very important not to spiritualize it when it gets revealed. Some people want to spiritualize their relationship instead of making it conscious. They want to make it into a spiritualized fantasy in which their partner meets all their spiritual ideas about what a relationship could be. They think they know what it's supposed to be like, what it could be like, where it's going to go.

      When you ease back from that, you return to something that's very intimate and innocent, where you are finally willing to tell the truth, not to hide, not to force consciousness into some relationship agenda, but to simply let it emerge. Then you never know what it will be like at any moment- how consciousness, awakeness, and love are going to want to emerge.

      - Adyashanti, from Emptiness Dancing

      romance is a simple mistake
      finding true love
      in the arms of one other
      is like capturing a waterfall
      in a tiny cup
      thirst is slightly quenched
      why not just step into the source

      romance is a beautiful distraction
      taking you beyond your dry concerns
      yet what good is an open heart
      with room for only one
      when that one is gone
      the heart is empty and dry
      and tears fall on empty ground

      romance is a single drop
      in a torrent of love
      why settle for on sip at a time
      the sweetest tasting water is deeper than the surface
      dive into the current
      and as you are swept away
      drink to your heart's content

      - Nirmala, from Gifts with No Giver - a love affair with truth

      love is
      a mirror
      you see nothing
      but your reflection
      you see nothing
      but your real face

      - Rumi, translation by Nader Khalili, from Rumi, Dancing the Flame