#3721 - Saturday, November 21, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3721, Saturday, November 21, 2009

      When you have understood that all existence, in separation and limitation, is painful, and when you are willing and able to live integrally, in oneness with all life, as pure being, you have gone beyond all need of help. You can help another by precept and example and, above all, by your being. You cannot give what you do not have and you don't have what you are not. You can only give what you are - and of that you can give limitlessly.

      Thanksgiving is just a week away - a time for giving and being grateful. I'm reminded of the three benefactors: "Giver, Receiver, and Gift," and tears well up in my eyes... I don't understand this, but my heart seems to know that they are one.

      Whatever it is,
      I cannot understand it,
      although gratitude
      stubbornly overcomes me
      until I'm reduced to tears.

      - Fujiwara Sanekata, from The Poetry of Zen, posted to DailyDharma

      Live for the Sake of Others

      Real religion is living it, living like all things in nature, living for the sake of others. You don't need to do anything else. Let every breath go in and out for the benefit of the world. When you eat a morsel of food, think that this food is going to create a few drops of blood in your body to build strength that you can utilize for the benefit of others. It is for that purpose that you are eating; it is for that purpose you are breathing. If you go to sleep, think, `By sleeping, I will be rested enough to get up early in the morning to serve others.' Living this way, your mind is always free from all kinds of anxieties, worries, fears and hatred.

      God bless you. OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

      - Swami Satchidananda, posted to meditationsocietyofamerica

      The key to experiencing love is to notice where awareness is flowing right now. That flow of awareness is love, and it is the most satisfying and nourishing thing we can experience. There is naturally a direction to this flow of awareness. It moves from within our being to the objects and experiences we are having. We can only fully experience this flow of aware love as it moves in this direction.

       When someone else is lovingly aware of us (not of their judgments or desires regarding us, but simply of us as we are), we can experience the outer expression of their love. We can see the way they are looking at us, the smile on their face, and the responsiveness of their reactions to us. But the awareness of us is arising in them. The love is flowing from them towards us, and so it is filling them with this sense of satisfaction and joy. If we are to feel satisfaction and joy, it will depend on whether we are experiencing a flow of love towards them. It is our own open awareness that fills us with that sense of connection and appreciation. We are filled with love when we are giving it to someone or something else.

      - Nirmala, from Living from the Heart, posted to adyashantigroup

      how long will you hide
      your beautiful
      festive smile

      teach your laughter
      to a flower
      manifest an eternity

      why do you think
      the door to the sky
      is closed on your face

      it allures and invites
      your magical touch
      to open and arrive

      an entire caravan
      is waiting in ecstasy
      for your coming and leading

      come on my friend
      use your talisman and
      harness all their souls

      today is the day to unite
      with your longing beloved
      wait no more
      for an unknown tomorrow

      a tambourine is in a corner
      begging your playing hands
      a flute is sitting dormant
      begging your happy lips

      - Rumi, Ghazal 253, translation by Nader Khalili, from Rumi, Fountain of Fire,, posted to Sunlight