#3716 - Monday, November 16, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3716, Monday, November 16, 2009

      Each moment that you are happy is a gift to the rest of the world.

      - Harry Palmer, posted to The_Now2

      You want to learn to catch a mouse?
      Don't try to learn from a pampered cat.
      If you want to learn the nature of the world,
      don't study fine bound books.
      The True Jewel's in a coarse bag.
      Buddha-nature stops at huts.
      The whole herd of folks who clutch at looks of things
      never seem to make the connection.

      - Shih Te, from The Poetry of Zen

      To know the self as the only reality and all else as temporal and transient is freedom, peace and joy. It is all very simple. Instead of seeing things as imagined, learn to see them as they are. When you can see everything as it is, you will also see yourself as you are. It is like cleansing a mirror. The same mirror that shows you the world as it is will also show you your own face. The thought `I am' is the polishing cloth. Use it.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That, posted to AlongTheWay

      If you students of the Way wish to become Buddhas, you need study no doctrines whatever, but learn only how to avoid seeking for and attaching yourselves to anything.

      - Huang Po, from Zen Teaching of Huang Po, posted to Distillation

      "I am not, I will not be.
      I have not, I will not have."
      This frightens all children,
      And kills fear in the wise.

      - Nagarjuna, posted to DailyDharma

      Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
      and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
      and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.

      Let the beauty we love be what we do.
      There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

      - Rumi, Quatrain 82, version by Coleman Barks from Open Secret, posted to Sunlight