#3707 - Saturday, November 7, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3707, Saturday, November 7, 2009

      You are the Self, here and now. Leave the mind alone, stand aware and unconcerned and you will realize that to stand alert but detached, watching events come and go, is an aspect of your real nature.

      Why not try to live in alignment, inner alignment with the form that this now takes? In other words, to embrace the now internally no matter in what form it comes. To say 'yes' to now, which after all is life.

      - Eckhart Tolle, posted to The_Now2

      Pass beyond form, escape from names!
      Flee titles and names toward meaning!

      - Rumi, posted to AlongTheWay

      Deny the reality of things
      and you miss their reality;
      assert the emptiness of things
      and you miss their reality.
      The more you talk and think about it
      the further you wander from the truth.
      So cease attachment to talking and thinking,
      and there is nothing you will not be able to know.

      Hsin Hsin Ming, posted to Distillation

      Float, Trust, Enjoy

      Muhammad said no one looks back and regrets leaving the
      world. What's regretted

      is how real we thought it was! How much we worried about
      phenomena and how little

      we considered what moves through form. "Why did I spend my
      life denying death? Death

      is the key to truth!" When you hear lamenting like that,
      say, not out loud, but

      inwardly, "What moved you then still moves you, the same
      energy. But you understand

      perfectly now that you are not essentially a body, tissue,
      bone, brain, and muscle. Dissolve

      in this clear vision. Instead of looking down at the six
      feet of road immediately

      ahead, look up: see both worlds, the face of the king, the
      ocean shaping and carrying

      you along. You've heard descriptions of that sea. Now
      float, trust; enjoy the motion.

      -- Rumi, Mathnawi VI: 1450-66 version by Coleman Barks, from The Soul of Rumi, posted to Sunlight

      "The Self" (sahaja) is here
      all the time,

      and is known naturally
      and effortlessly.