#3701 - Saturday, October 31, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3701, Saturday, October 31, 2009

      Non-action is the real action. One hundred acts are not as good as one moment of silence. One hundred exercises are not as good as one moment of standing still.

      - Wang Xiang Zhai, Chinese Xingyiquan master

      May today we still our thoughts, feelings, actions. What is all the running around in our mind and feet really accomplishing? There! See the stubborn scarlet leaf still hanging? What else is there?

      - dg, posted to DailyDharma

      What Do You Really Want?

      Let your brain whirl and spin itself
      into blessed exhausted silence.
      Let it rest like a baby
      in the open palmed hands
      of the heart held Now.

      What do you really want after all?
      To win, to pick the sweetest fruit on the tree?
      Or to rest from the endless succession
      of temporal moments
      and the promises that they never keep?

      What do you really want?
      To take or to be taken?
      To find the Great Pearl of Liberation
      or to be consumed by it?

      I have no more ideas anymore about
      God, consciousness,
      the absolute or non-duality.
      If you want to talk with me
      let us meet where
      there are no abstractions.

      All I want to know is:
      Have you noticed?

      Something is here
      my friend.

      Something is here
      have you noticed?

      Only the Mystery is.
      The Mystery is noticing that
      only the Mystery Is.

      Have you noticed?

      - Adyashanti, posted to The_Now2

      If there is present awareness, fear is seen clearly as an abstraction - a future anxiety born from memory's blueprint. If the story that engenders fear is dropped, I discover that all I am left with is a physical sensation that is raw and alive. Now it ceases to overrun me and quietly takes its place in existence.

      Tony Parsons, posted to The_Now2

      The very idea of going beyond the dream is illusory. Why go anywhere? Just realize that you are dream- ing a dream you call the world, and stop looking for ways out. The dream is not your problem. Your problem is that you like one part of your dream and not another. Love all, or none of it, and stop complaining. When you have seen the dream as a dream, you have done all that need be done.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That, posted to AlongTheWay

      All there is... is this ever present awareness... embracing even its own wondering.

      toombaru, posted to AdvaitaToZen