#3688 - Saturday, October 17, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17 11:39 PM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3688, Saturday, October 17, 2009

      Give all to love. Obey your heart.

      - Ralph Waldo Emerson

      Notice the loving feelings that arise next time a person smiles at you, is kind to you and those loving feeling arise to respond back with kindness too... notice how it feels.

      Notice the loving feelings that arise next time someone responds to you in pain or frustration or confusion, and you see "you" arising there in memory or similar circumstances and love arises because you know how it feels to be in their shoes and you cannot judge... this is inclusive love or compassion arising. This is what connects us to each other from the heart.

      True communication is communion - the realization of oneness which is love.

      - Eckhart Tolle, posted to The_Now2

      Don't Postpone Your Yes!

      Muhammed is said to have said,
      "Whoever belongs to God, God belongs to."

      Our weak, uneven breathings,
      these dissolving personalities,
      were breathed out by the eternal
      Huuuuuuuu, that never changes!
      A drop of water constantly fears
      that it may evaporate into the air,
      or be absorbed by the ground.

      It doesn't want to be used up
      in those ways, but when it lets go
      and falls into the ocean it came from,
      it finds protection from the other deaths.

      Its droplet form is gone,
      but its watery essence has become
      vast and inviolable.

      Listen to me, friends, because you
      are a drop, and you can honor yourselves
      in this way. What could be luckier
      than to have the ocean come
      to court the drop?

      For God's sake, don't postpone your yes!
      Give up and become the giver.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi IV:2613-2622, version by Coleman Barks, from One-Handed Basket Weaving, posted to Sunlight

      The consciousness in you and the consciousness in me, apparently two, really one, seek unity and that is love.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I AM THAT - Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to The_Now2

      Q: Are you the devotee or the object of devotion?

      M: I am neither, I am devotion itself.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I AM THAT - Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      The Freshness

      When it's cold and raining,
      you are more beautiful.

      And the snow brings me
      even closer to your lips.

      The inner secret, that which was never born,
      you are that freshness, and I am with you now.

      I can't explain the goings,
      or the comings. You enter suddenly,

      and I am nowhere again.
      Inside the majesty.

      Rumi, version by Coleman Barks, from Soul of Rumi