#3683 - Monday, October 12, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2009

      #3683 - Monday, October 12, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Reality is simply the loss of ego.  Destroy the
      ego by seeking its identity.  Because the ego is
      no entity it will automatically vanish and reality
      will shine forth by itself.

                                     - Sri Ramana Maharshi

      "Be As You Are"
      The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
      edited by David Godman

      The teaching that the ego does not exist--repeated so often in so parrot-like a way--can help no one, can only create intellectual confusion and thus harm the search for truth. But the teaching that the ego is only an idea--however strongly held by the mind--and as such does exist, can help everyone in the struggle for self-mastery and can throw intellectual light on the search for truth.

      — Notebooks of Paul Brunton
      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      When you act, you are one with the action, it is only afterwards that the ego appropriates the act from which it was absent and says "I have done this."At the moment of acting there is only acting, without an actor.
      --JEAN KLEIN

      posted by Ray Greenwood on Facebook
      and Mark Scorelle to Wisdom-l

      Great teachers and philosophies are like special
      portals that point you into the infinite vastness of
      Consciousness.

      However, most seekers get stuck at these doorways
      whenever they begin to worship the portal itself
      instead of looking into what they're being pointed
      towards.

      Unless you find the inner courage to eventually walk
      through these Gateways - and be destroyed - you'll
      spend your life teetering at the edge of your own
      emptiness.

      Stop seeking outside of you for something that only
      lies within.

      Portals are not the Truth.

      Portals only point out the Truth.

      But be still.  Be patient.

      Sooner or later, all roads lead to OM.

                                     - Chuck Hillig

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      Seeds for the Soul
      Chuck Hillig
      posted to Along The Way

      When the mirror of my consciousness became clear,
      I saw that my family and others I
      love are the same as me.

      The "you" and "I" thought
      does not occur.
      The entire world is God.

      - Lalla
      14th Century North Indian mystic

      posted to Along The Way

      When we are totally open to the unknown, the personal entity is absent; then we realize that the tangible and intelligible universe arises out of this openness in the eternal present. We want, create and are at every moment everything in the unity of awareness.
      --Francis Lucille
      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle