#3682 - Sunday, October 11, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3682, Sunday, October 11, 2009

      A deluded mind is hell.

      Without delusions.
      the mind is the country of the Buddhas.

      When the mind creates the idea of the mind.
      people are deluded and in hell.

      Those established on the path to Buddhahood
      don't use the mind to create the idea
      of the mind and so are always
      in the country of the Buddhas.

      - Bodhidharma

      Insofar as you keep watching the mind and discover yourself as its witness, nothing else can project itself on the screen of consciousness. This is so because two things cannot occupy the attention at the same moment. Therefore, delve within, and find out where thoughts arise. Seek the source of all thought, and acquire the Self-knowledge which is the awakening of Truth.

      truth is too simple for words
      before thought gets tangled up in nouns and
      verbs
      there is a wordless sound
      a deep breathless sigh
      of overwhelming relief
      to find the end of fiction
      in this ordinary
      yet extraordinary moment
      when words are recognized
            as words
      and truth is recognized
             as everything else

      - Nirmala, from Gifts with No Giver - a love affair with truth

      Endless Ages

      Through endless ages, the mind has never changed

      It has not lived or died, come or gone, gained or lost.

      It isn't pure or tainted, good or bad, past or future.
      true or false, male or female. It isn't reserved for
      monks or lay people, elders to youths, masters or
      idiots, the enlightened or unenlightened.

      It isn't bound by cause and effect and doesn't
      struggle for liberation. Like space, it has no form.

      You can't own it and you can't lose it. Mountains.
      rivers or walls can't impede it. But this mind is
      ineffable and difficult to experience. It is not the
      mind of the senses. So many are looking for this
      mind, yet it already animates their bodies.

      It is theirs, yet they don't realize it.

      - Bodhidharma

      Let the deaf listen to the deaf.
      A soul is needed to understand them both.

      Without listening we understood.
      Without understanding we carried it out.

      On this Way, the seeker's wealth is poverty.

      We loved, we became lovers.
      We were loved, we became the beloved.
      When all is perishing moment by moment
      Who has time to be bored?

      God divided His people into Seventy-two languages and borders arose.

      But poor Yunus fills the earth and sky,
      and under every stone hides a Moses.

      - Yunus Emre

      Letting go of thoughts,
      The mind remains undetermined in the great Void.
      Here the highest knowledge is unbounded.
      That which gives things their thusness cannot be delimited by things.
      So when we speak of 'limits', we remain confined to limited things.
      The limit of the unlimited is called 'fullness.'
      The limitlessness of the limited is called 'emptiness.'
      Tao is the source of both.
      But it is itself neither fullness nor emptiness.

      - Chuang Tzu, translated by Thomas Merton

      In my hut this spring
      there is nothing -
      there is everything

      - Sodo