#3675 - Sunday, October 4, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3675, Sunday, October 4, 2009

      How long will you say, "I will conquer the whole world
      and fill it with myself"?
      Even if snow covered the world completely,
      the sun could melt it with a glance.
      A single spark of God's mercy
      can turn poison into springwater.
      Where there is doubt,
      He establishes certainty.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi I:542-546, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski from Rumi: Daylight, posted to Sunlight

      What we truly ARE is the everlasting, unchanging moment which merely witnesses the play of changing relationships that we call life.

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      How can you find true happiness? For happiness, no positive action is necessary or even possible. Turn yourself inward as the pure, impersonal witness, and you will rest in you true BEINGNESS in utter peace and tranquility. Happiness will become irrelevant.

      I bathe in holy water
      wash myself clean in the sacred river
      nothing has changed
      yet senses are now clear
      and I hear what she is saying to my heart:

           give me your foolish thoughts...
                you don't need them anymore
           give me your every desire...
                they will never fulfill you
           give me your deepest fears...
                what use have they ever been to you
           give me your very soul...
                you have always been too large
                for its confines

      so once again I plunge into Ganga's embrace.

           once for my thoughts
           once for my desires
           and a third time for my fears

      she has always had my soul

      and once again, nothing has changed...
      nothing always changes

      - Nirmala, from Gifts with No Giver - a love affair with truth

      You must realize first of all that you are the proof of everything, including yourself. None can prove your existence, because his existence must be confirmed by you first. Your being and knowing, you owe nobody. Remember, you are entirely on your own. You do not come from somewhere, you do not go anywhere. You are timeless being and awareness.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That, posted to AlongTheWay

      The game of adoration

      You gave form to this "I" and this "we" for You to
      play the game of adoration with Yourself;
      For all the "I's" to become one single soul,
      submerged in the Beloved with You.

      - Rumi, from Breathing Truth - Quotations from Jalaluddin Rumi, posted to AlongTheWay