#3674 - Saturday, October 3, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3674, Saturday, October 3, 2009

      Our error lies not in nature but in our attitude which demands that the course of nature halt at some particular moment of our well-being.

      Everything is Waiting for You

      Your great mistake is to act the drama
      as if you were alone. As if life
      were a progressive and cunning crime
      with no witness to the tiny hidden
      transgressions. To feel abandoned is to deny
      the intimacy of your surroundings. Surely,
      even you, at times, have felt the grand array;
      the swelling presence, and the chorus, crowding
      out your solo voice. You must note
      the way the soap dish enables you,
      or the window latch grants you freedom.
      Alertness is the hidden discipline of familiarity.
      The stairs are your mentor of things
      to come, the doors have always been there
      to frighten you and invite you,
      and the tiny speaker in the phone
      is your dream-ladder to divinity.

      Put down the weight of your aloneness and ease into
      the conversation. The kettle is singing
      even as it pours you a drink, the cooking pots
      have left their arrogant aloofness and
      seen the good in you at last. All the birds
      and creatures of the world are unutterably
      themselves. Everything is waiting for you.

      - David Whyte, from Everything is Waiting for You

      there is only one way to meet friends, wherever and whenever you are: be a true friend.

      - Yosy Flug, posted to SufiMystic

      This whole baobab tree of illusion
      With its roots
      And its trunk and its fruits
      And its sap
      And its bark
      And all its branches and leaves
      and its shade too

      All of it
      The whole complete tree
      Is contained
      In the tiny seed
      Known as
      "Me"

      - Yosy Flug, posted to NondualitySalon

      Learn to live without self-concern. For this you must know your own true being (swarupa) as indomitable, fearless, ever victorious. Once you know with absolute certainty that nothing can trouble you but your own imagination, you come to disregard your desires and fears, concepts and ideas and live by truth alone.

      My guru, before he died, told me: Believe me, you are the Supreme Reality. Don't doubt my words, don't disbelieve me. I am telling you the truth -- act on it. I could not forget his words and by not forgetting -- I have realized.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj