#3668 - Sunday, September 27, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3668, Sunday, September 27, 2009

      Dear Friends,

      It is with the heaviest of hearts I write to tell you of the passing of our beloved Ramesh this morning at 9AM in his home in Bombay.

      Ramesh was truly an extraordinary being. His life as a successful banker, author and spiritual teacher directly enriched the lives of tens of thousands of people.

      Having met Ramesh was one of the defining moments of my life, as I am certain it was for many of you reading this note. His generous spirit, open, loving presence and spiritual Understanding combined to make him one of the truly great Sages of the 20th century. We are truly blessed to have known him...be it "in person" or through his Teaching.

      Ramesh lives on. Though his body will this afternoon return to the elements, his spirit lives on in his books and in the hearts of all of us who have known him and loved him...

      Twenty-two years ago Ramesh came into my life. Today his body leaves it. To have been able to walk beside him for all this time and to have been able to bow at his feet has been for me the greatest of life's blessings.I shall miss not being able to sit with Ramesh, to watch a cricket match together or to share some chocolate or to laugh at some silly joke he reads from the newspaper. It is not the greatness of the man I will miss most...his greatness remains undiminished by his death...it is the little things, the human things.

      Many of you will share with me the exquisite human pain of the loss of a beloved one. If you take a moment to quietly look at it you may see in the pain the wonder of Life itself. If so, it will truly be the Grace of The Guru.

      With much love,

      Wayne (Liquorman)

      "It is not the reatness of the man I will miss most...his greatness remains undiminished by his death...it is the little things, the human things.."

      Indeed. The essence of presence.

      - Anna Ruiz, posted to NondualitySalon

      ramesh, true friend, will remain in our heart forever. blessed be his memory.

      - Yosy Flug, posted to NondualitySalon

      All that we can truly say is, 'I am here in the absence of space and now in the absence of time', and the one thing that matters is the instantaneous apperception of this fact.

      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

      The truest advice for anyone listening to the teaching of Truth is to apperceive directly and forget immediately.

      Dear God,

      This is my record of eternal gratitude to You.

      You gave me birth in a most respected Hindu family, but not high enough in social status to make me proud.

      You gave me a physical form well-admired for its perfection, but it was small enough to keep me humble.

      You gave me education high enough to be most useful in life, but not high enough to make me proud.

      You gave me success in sports high enough to be satisfied, but not proud.

      You gave me a career in which You took me high enough to be admired, but not high enough to make me arrogant.

      You gave me a wife and family for which I have always been eternally grateful, but You did not spare me some grief to remind me not to forget what life is all about, and to be always grateful for what I do have.

      You did not forget to place an adequate number of temptations in my way so that I may not be too critical of others who have to face their own temptations.

      I am now 84, and perhaps the only wish that remains is that the long life You have given me will not carry a burden at the end. But in that case, I know You will also give me the necessary courage to go with it.

      You gave me a lot to show me how little is needed to be content and how much could be given away.

      And, undoubtedly, the most important of all - as if the bounty You have showered on me were not enough - You crowned Your achievement by using this psychosomatic apparatus to convey to the world the most important message of Advaita. Truly I am blessed. Or, indeed, my Beloved, have You not blessed Yourself?!

      Finally, it occurs to me, if You were to design for Yourself a life in phenomenality, could it have been much different from this one?

      And, for this thought, no tears are enough to wash Your Noumenal feet.

      - Ramesh Balsekar, from The Ultimate Understanding