#3664 - Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2009

      #3664 - Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Real bliss is the absence of the wanting of
      bliss.  The enlightenment state is not wanting
      either bliss or anything else.

                                     - Ramesh S. Balsekar

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "A Net of Jewels"
      posted to Along The Way

      There may be bliss with awakening, because it is actually a by-product of awakening, but it is not awakening itself. As long as we are chasing the by-product of awakening, we will miss the real thing.

      - Adyashanti, from “Bliss is a By-Product,” Tricycle, Summer 2009

      Read the complete article.

      Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

      "When at rest the mind is ordinary perception, naked and unadorned; when you gaze directly at it there is nothing to see but light; as Awareness, it is brilliance and the relaxed vigilance of the awakened state; as nothing specific whatsoever, it is a secret fullness; it is the ultimacy of nondual radiance and emptiness.

      It is not eternal, for nothing whatsoever about it has been proved to exist. It is not a void, for there is brilliance and wakefulness. It is not unity, for multiplicity is self-evident in perception. It is not multiplicity, for we know the one taste of unity. It is not an external function, for Awareness is intrinsic to immediate reality.

      In the immediate here and now we see the face of the Original Lord abiding in the heart centre. Identify yourself with him, my spiritual sons. Whoever denies him, wanting more from somewhere else, is like the man who has found his elephant but continues to follow its tracks. He may comb the three dimensions of the microcosmic world systems for an eternity, but he will not find so much as the name of Buddha other than the one in his heart."

      -The Flight of the Garuda

      From Keith Dowman's web site:
      http://www.keithdowman.com

      posted to Daily Dharma by Amrita Nadi

      Calla

      I hide myself within my flower,
      That wearing on your breast,
      You, unsuspecting, wear me too --
      And angels know the rest.

      I hide myself within my flower,
      That, fading from your vase,
      You, unsuspecting, feel for me
      Almost a loneliness.

      Emily Dickinson

      Added by Craig Royal
      to the group "Nonduality Highlights"
      from the album "Fine Art Photography"

      September Meditation

      I do not know if the seasons remember their history or if the days and
      nights by which we count time remember their own passing.
      I do not know if the oak tree remembers its planting or if the pine
      remembers its slow climb toward sun and stars.
      I do not know if the squirrel remembers last fall's gathering or if the
      bluejay remembers the meaning of snow.
      I do not know if the air remembers September or if the night remembers
      the moon.
      I do not know if the earth remembers the flowers from last spring or if
      the evergreen remembers that it shall stay so.
      Perhaps that is the reason for our births -- to be the memory for
      creation.
      Perhaps salvation is something very different than anyone ever expected.
      Perhaps this will be the only question we will have to answer:
      "What can you tell me about September?"

      ~ Burton D. Carley ~

      (1997 UUMA Worship Materials Collection; contributed by Bob Freund)