#3658 - Thursday, September 17, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2009
      #3658 - Thursday, September 17, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Two blog entries pertaining to seeking, in case there is such a thing.

      This is a video poem I made.
      Beautiful title track from the album, "Ice Castle,"
      by KIRSTY HAWKSHAW
      Enjoy.

      http://cafesiena.dreamhosters.com/in_sight_poem_lg.mov

      In Sight

      I sit as Ive been taught
      By the enlightened ones
      Searching for the naked truth
      Its been a long road
      With many miles already traveled
      And many more to come
      Will I ever see beyond the veil
      Not just a glimpse precious peace

      My minds always a-chatter
      Mired in hopes and fears
      Fixed on dreams and desires
      Grasping the past
      As much as the future

      And then theres that grind
      The dissolution
      Of my body and brain
      The grey hair turning greyer
      The need for more and more sleep
      Sickness and death
      Just around the corner

      Yet they teach of a freedom
      How do I get it

      The answers in my mind somewhere
      Beyond what I normally see
      I am told I just have to look
      Observe the myriad displays
      All fresh and new
      As if I were a newborn baby
      Or my Calico kitty

      The calm does come
      Like from walking in the deep forest
      Or viewing a meandering stream
      And when I feel it
      Its like coming home to eat a warm dinner
      And rest with my loved one

      Any yet it all comes back
      Like a Caribbean storm
      The need to be permeated
      By beauty and fortune
      Praise and recognition
      The need to be jealous
      And angry

      I dont want any of that
      Not really

      But surely I cannot live without my mind
      The only way to get rid of the pain
      Is to get rid of my mind

      I return to the forest
      And stand beneath a lone Pine
      Its magnificence so apparent
      Gentle strength cradles me
      Standing below soft green needles
      Shimmering in the breeze
      I dont think it worries about fulfilling
      Its destiny.
      It already IS

      And then as if by magic
      Theres no separation
      Between me and the tree
      I become this tree
      Yes
      The tree is me
      Im clear

      Wow

      Words can't describe this.

      And the very next moment I think of sushi and beer

      I have a place where I was born
      I'm from Kitimat, British Columbia
      My last name is Hungarian
      My mother is a Schubert from Austria
      Im married to someone so near and dear to me
      I have places to see and things to do
      I want to be an artist
      Better yet
      A craftsman
      No matter how long it takes

      I'm all of this too
      Of this I have no doubt

      And so it is a delicate balancing act
      A melding of thinking mind and awareness
      Like the ever transmuting clouds above
      Dancing with the infinite sky beyond
      As lovers feasting on each other
      They are one

      The trick is and it's a big trick
      I must always concentrate
      Not so much on the clouds
      So as Not to miss out on all that heavenly glory

      So they tell me.

      Copyright © shoutingbluetiger 2009

      Poke the Guru in the Eye

      Well, I guess you can tell I’m having fun with this seeking thing now.  And I am.  Seriously.  My brevity has knocked the edge off of the intensity that had become overwhelming at times.  I’m having a good time poking fun at things I’d held in some form of disregard or another.  But the more I think about it all, the more I’m convinced that everything is suspect now.  I’m basing all my looking, questioning, searching, hiding, on a simple question:  Is that true?

      Jesus was part of the trinity of God, and was sent down to Earth to be bludgeoned and murdered so that all of us unworthy humans could make it into Heaven.  Is that true?  Really?

      Nothing is exempt from the truth knife!  Ockham’s razor!  We learned a troubleshooting technique in the Navy called half-splitting.  To find the problem quickly, take a measurement about halfway in the circuit.  If it’s bad, go back halfway from there, and keep going until you find the answer.  Had some Shainin training a few years ago that used a similar approach.  They called it splitting the dictionary.  Same principle, but they actually used a dictionary to demonstrate it.  You can try it, too.  They claimed that if you picked a word at random, they could find it in 18, or less, steps by asking you yes or no questions.  For instance, “Does the first word start with a letter that comes before the letter ‘M’ (halfway down the alphabet)?”  If so, you’ve just eliminated HALF of the dictionary in one step.  Brilliant!  It works, try it.  So, yeah, now I’m wielding the truth knife, albeit in a haphazardly way that grotesquely mimics laziness.  The tough questions are not easily asked, though.

      “Who am I?”, is not a question you can ask with the blade of truth.  What kind of yes or no answer do you expect from that?  I suppose you could give whatever answer that comes up, then ask, “Is that true?”.  As itchy as I am to launch into that question right now, I know where it leads, and it’s raining here, and I don’t want to work myself up into a manic frenzy, going nutso over this crap, then have to drive home.  Oh hell… too late!  Dagnabfrigginfarglesnottlebibbtickernuffinspluck!  Whew, that was a suppressed cursing episode right there.  It worked.  I’m OK now.

      So anyway, I’m really diggin’ on ol’ UG still.  He cuts through the crap with total disregard to common decency or Congressional decorum.  Matter of fact, that man has crap-cutting blades on both edges of his truth knives, which are attached to all digits of all appendages, and are flailed about at hurricane force.  Dig?  That’s the kind of confidence and intolerance for whiney little seeker pansies like me I like to see in somebody who’s “got it”.  That’s right muthatrucka, give it to me straight!  That’s the way I want it!  I ain’t skeert!  Ewww wee, and boy does he curse.  Makes your eyebrows go all Spock-like, then you look around to see if anyone else heard.  I mean, sometimes he seems royally pissed off!

      Well, now you probably think that UG is my guru.  Nope!  I don’t have any gurus.  I don’t want any gurus.  I just want to learn until the slow, dopey guy in the back of the class sneaks up on me with that football bat I’ve been talking about, and WHACK!  Ahhhhhh!  There it is.  Until then…  UG is not-so-serious and completely disregards all the other crap I’ve learned.  That’s what I’m talking about.  Like the old Zen thing with the tea cup.  How’s that go again… (hold while I let Google do it’s thing)… OK, here it is (the internet is GREAT!):

      Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

      Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.

      The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. “It is overfull. No more will go in!”

      “Like this cup,” Nan-in said, “you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?”

      Damn!  That’s a great story.  I’m that professor, and I’ve been spending waaaay too much time “learning” about this stuff.  I’ve said it before, and it’s so true, that I wish I’d never heard of nonduality, Advaita, oneness, and all that.  So this is me… slowing down… having fun with all this useless crap I’ve taught myself.  I’m really happy about what I’ve realized.

      Now, if I could only pull the plug out, and PPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSHHHHHHAAAAA (that’s for you, blissbait), all the junk could flow out, empty the mind to accept… reality.