#3640 - Sunday, August 30, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 9:07 PM

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3640, Sunday, August 30 2009

      Above all, be at ease, be as natural and spacious as possible. Slip quietly out of the noose of your habitual anxious self, release all grasping, and relax into your true nature.

      - Sogyal Rinpoche, from The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying

      There is nothing to gain. Abandon all imaginings and know yourself as you are. Self-knowledge is detachment. All craving is due to a sense of insufficiency. When you know that you lack nothing, that all there is, is you and yours, desire ceases.

      Are we not wasps who spend all day in a fruitless attempt to traverse a window-pane - while the other half of the window is wide open?

      - Wei Wu Wei, posted to DailyDharma

      The truth of our being is not content until it has freed itself of its own misunderstanding, its own fixations, its own illusions.

      To allow that to happen, as a human being, we have to be willing to be honest with ourselves. While not denying what we've seen, we also have to see how things are, right here and right now. We need to look. We need to ask: "What in me can still go into division? What in me can still go into hate, into ignorance, into greed? What in me can cause me to feel divided, isolated, full of sorrow? Where are those spots in me that are less awakened?

      We need to see these places, because that which is awakened in us is compassionate. Its nature is undivided, unconditioned love. It doesn't move away from that which is unawakened; it moves toward it. That within us which is awakened doesn't move away from the contradictions in our thought patterns or behaviors. It doesn't move away from fixations, it doesn't move away from pain, but quite the opposite. It moves toward it.

      - Adyashanti

      Having realized the Self, which is soundless, intangible, formless, undecaying, and likewise tasteless, eternal, and odorless; having realized That which is without beginning and end, beyond the Great, and unchanging - one is freed from the jaws of death.

      - Katha Upanishad 1.3.15