#3628 - Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2009
      #3628 - Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Craig Royal

      I'm into fine art photography and the nondual perspective has inspired some of my work.

      http://www.myartspace.com/artistInfo.do?populatinglist=home&subscriberid=8ciz70wnua2drni1

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/39947837@N02/

      Beyond this and that there is a gap.
      A gap that leaves one agape.
      Being agape, being encounters Agape.

      Chris Thomas informed me of the works of unAsleep

      Last Supper

      He read your sacred diaries
      And became the man you wanted to see
      The man of your dreams
      With no concern for time
      Or distance
      Or convenience
      Or personal experience
      He started with requirement #1
      And went through your entire checklist
      Not missing even one
      Prophecy
      “So that the scripture may be fulfilled”
      And even after all that
      We still misinterpret
      His great gesture
      Of selflessness
      And complete love.

      He was neither
      Martyr,
      Bribe
      Or payment for anything.
      His gesture was for you to see and come closer to belief
      He scattered his body like breadcrumbs
      So eat, little sparrow -
      Do this in remembrance of me.

       ---unAsleep

      ------------------------------

      Just As

      Just as
      The dissection of
      Composition and technique
      Can never show you the painting

      Just as
      Rational theory and scientific experiments
      Can never explain love

      Neither can
      Religion
      Ever show you
      God.

      ---unAsleep

                  `

      Seeing

      Brave little ants
      Scurry around the world
      In search of a worthy task
      Eager to chew through
      A banyan tree
      And right a perceived wrong
      In the name of doing good.

      You want to chew
      You want a task
      Because you are an ant
      Not because of
      Your goodness
      Or imagined selflessness

      Stop relating to the world
      Through any one identity
      And you will come to know that
      True action
      Comes from seeing
      And internal alignment
      Is its fruit

      By seeing
      An unseen action begins
      That is more powerful
      Than an entire army
      Of chewing
      Scurrying
      Well intentioned
      Ants.

      This influence is invincible
      Incorruptible
      And inevitable.
      And with this power
      Even if you lose your mandibles
      The banyan tree still falls.

      Learn the type of seeing
      I speak of
      And you can carry the ocean
      In a paper cup.
      It is a power
      That cannot be resisted
      Or reckoned with
      And by it
      Your softly expelled sigh
      Can evaporate the seas.

      ---unAsleep

      The following is the beginning of unAsleep's online book, The Download:

      One day, I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye:  Some of the pillars used to support the paradigm I’d become accustomed to had suddenly begun to crumble and wobble.  Yes, I had noticed the cracks in them before, but chose to overlook them or interpret them as ‘something I would understand later’.

      As I watched them begin to fail, I was afraid and disoriented.  Where would ‘here’ be now?  Then unexpectedly, a feeling of gladness, of outright glee overtook me and I realized that I had caused this because I knew that the pieces did not truly fit.  Others may have convincingly claimed they did, but I couldn’t escape this knowing that they did not.  With this sudden realization, relief and light flooded every molecule of my being.

      Within my deepest being, I had felt simmering discontent.   I could no longer bear ‘waiting for the Great Revelation’.  I decided ‘no more waiting’.  No more feigned respect or berth given for what I could not find agreement with within.  Today was the day.  I didn’t care if I was left with nothing.  An honest ‘nothing’ was more acceptable to me than a discretionary ‘something’.  And with that, I jumped into my bulldozer like a madman and pulverized everything.  I destroyed my paradigm, leveling it until there was nothing left.  Then I turned around, faced the Nothingness and said, “Okay. NOW what?”

      Somewhat to my surprise, It answered.

      The answer was a profound Knowing, difficult to verbalize, but I have tried to do so here in this writing, for what it is worth.  I hope you can read between the lines.

      ~ ~ ~ Read the more of The Download: http://www.unasleep.com/