#3620 - Monday, August 10, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2009

      #3620 - Monday, August 10, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights -

      Who Is the Perfect Teacher?

      The perfect teacher is the one who is in front of you. It's a real relationship, not an objective measure of who is the best. You may learn more from a teacher who has faults and who practices with them.

      - Dairyu Michael Wenger

      "Bodhisattvas abandon the thought of achieving their own liberation from the ocean of samsaric suffering and its cause-delusion and karma-as one discards used toilet paper, having not an atom of interest in it. They have only aversion to gaining the ultimate happiness of nirvana for themselves alone."

                             - Lama Yeshe Zopa

      From the website
      http://www.lamayeshe.com/index.php?sect=article&id=221

      posted to Daily Dharma

      Bodhisattva in Metro

      Don't miss this one ... it's infectious:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedd2FiZTqM

      posted to Open Awareness by Roy Whenary

      The saints come to the rescue of this world
      when hearing from everywhere the moans
      of the oppressed.  They run towards them
      like God's mercy.  These fortresses against
      weakness, these doctors of hidden disease,
      are pure love, pure justice, pure mercy; like
      God they are unstained and impregnable.

      - Rumi

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      Muriel Maufroy
      "Breathing Truth - Quotations from Jalaluddin Rumi"
      posted to Along The Way

      On Prayer

      You ask me how to pray to someone who is not.
      All I know is that prayer constructs a velvet bridge
      And walking it we are aloft, as on a springboard,
      Above landscapes the color of ripe gold
      Transformed by a magic stopping of the sun.
      That bridge leads to the shore of Reversal
      Where everything is just the opposite and the word 'is'
      Unveils a meaning we hardly envisioned.
      Notice: I say we; there, every one, separately,
      Feels compassion for others entangled in the flesh
      And knows that if there is no other shore
      We will walk that aerial bridge all the same.

      - Czeslaw Milosz

      (New and Collected Poems, 1931-2001, trans. Robert Hass)