#3608 - Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2009

      #3608 - Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nonduality Highlights
      "An ordinary man seeks freedom through enlightenment.
      An enlightened man expresses freedom through being ordinary."
      - Adyashanti
      There will never be more of nirvana than there is in this moment.”
      - Adyashanti

      Beginning September 1 2009, and lasting until the end of November 2009,  Rupert Spira in conjunction with the Mumonkan Centre, will host an on-line group aimed at discussing passages from his recent book, The Transparency of Things.

      If you would like to join us please sign up here:- Open Awareness Study Group

      For an introduction and book review see: http://www.stillnessspeaks.com/rupert_spira

       Words that go beyond the pattern do not come from the mouth.

      "Any form whatsoever that is past, future, or present;
      internal or external; blatant or subtle; common or sublime; far or near:
      every form is to be seen as it actually is with right discernment as:
      'This is not mine. This is not my self. This is not what I am.'"

      ~Anatta-lakkhana Sutta

      So with the teachings in all the sutras: They are intended for the consideration and guidance of the discriminating minds of all people, but they are not the Truth itself, which can only be self-realized within one's deepest consciousness. Mahamati, you and all the Bodhisattvas must seek for this inner self-realization of Noble Wisdom, and not be captivated by word-teaching.

      ~Lankavatara Sutra

      Why Photography?

      Friday 23 January 2009

      For the last forty years, I have been taking photographs of my spiritual teachers and the world around them in the Himalayas. My main aspiration in doing so was to share the incredible beauty, strength and depth that I have been fortunate to witness.

      I have attempted to open a door into a world both ancient and yet remarkably relevant to our times; and to provide an inside glimpse of a unique culture that, despite the upheavals in its homeland, still survives in all its authenticity. Even in intense suffering there can be dignity, even in the face of destruction there can be hope.

      Matthieu Ricard is a Buddhist monk, an author, translator, and photographer. He has lived, studied, and worked in the Himalayan region for over forty years.
      Henri-Cartier Bresson said of his photographs: "Matthieu's camera and his spiritual life are one, and from this spring these images, fleeting yet eternal."
      A reader's contribution from Susan Lucey