#3594 - Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2009

      #3594 - Wednesday, July 8, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nonduality Highlights - The first periodical publication on nonduality - Submissions welcome

      The joy which is
      in Revelation
      is nowhere else.
      No amount of
      perception
      thinking
      projecting
      planning
      doing
      efforts
      achieving
      every will give you
      that joy
      that radiance
      which Revelation does.

                - Swami Amar Jyoti

      posted to Along The Way

      All wisdom and holiness are but streaks of lightening - Huang Po

      I love the mystery of it all. I love the ancient Chinese Zen Master Huang Po's declaration that all our spiritual insights are at best momentary lightening flashes in the vast mystery beyond all understanding. I am delighted that thought can never grasp its source and there is no way to explain it.

      There are times of identification, of emptiness and fullness, of expansion and contraction.  The awakening is reborn and refreshed each day as quiet releases, small epiphanies, gratitude and wonder.  At each time it is the same awakening - the realization of being the silent presence, the enduring ground of wholeness and peace that is always here beneath the surface activity. All the variations in experience - including identification and sense of separation - are seen to be the expressions of this ever present reality underlying and sourcing it all.

      Dasarath
      Freedom Dreams
      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      That we know this awareness exists means only that we have an idea of awareness. We do not see that awareness as itself an object, nor can we ever do so. If we are to know the awareness by itself, first we would have to drop knowing its objects, its reflections in thought, including the ego-thought, and then be it, not see it.

      — Notebooks of Paul Brunton
      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      "All disciplines are fixations: discipline excludes everything, except
      the one thing that one wishes to concentrate upon. Thus one
      establishes a dictatorship over oneself and all understanding is
      jeopardized. What is absolutely necessary is attention without
      strain. When I observe myself, I am really forced to admit that
      every day I am the prisoner of a thousand unsatisfied desires, or
      desires whose satisfaction brings me no permanent bliss. So it
      seems to me that instead of endless running from one desire to
      another, it would be better to stop and examine the true nature of
      desire. If this investigation is successful you will penetrate the
      nature of the true aim of all desire. What any desire really aims at, is
      a state of non desire. This non desire is a state in which we demand
      absolutely nothing. Thus it is a state of extreme abundance, of fullness.
      This fullness is revealed as being bliss and peace. You now
      know that you are really seeking nothing else but fullness and
      absolute peace.

      Now that you have understood the inner nature of your ultimate
      goal, you perceive that the ultimate goal is, in fact, not a goal, that is
      to say an end towards which you strive, but that the ultimate state
      can only be the consequence of relaxing and letting go. Liberation is
      not to be obtained by collecting and accumulating, but by being
      rooted in a state of being which is truly ours and in which we live
      constantly without knowing it. Even if we wished to, we could not
      live for a single moment outside of this state."

      - Jean Klein

      posted by Mazie Lane