Wed./May 24

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2000
      XAN

      I am constantly amazed at the uniqueness of each unfoldment
      of the universal.

      Seen from here, what we say to one another and how we say
      it is beside the point. It is all a matter of intention,
      and beyond that is only a matter of style, which seems to
      remain regardless of liberation.

      I discover in this space that is uniquely mine, more and
      more subtle levels of energy contractions/vasanas/habits of
      mind. The transformation of these back into their
      origination in silence is the story to end all stories ...
      the grand drama of dreaming the end of dreams. If it were
      not captivating to us, why would we bother talking to each
      other at all about non-duality, "I" thoughts, and on and
      on.

      Come to think of it, I am now tired of talking about it.

      MICHAEL

      I do know that my best moments of ripening came out of
      horrible self inflicted ego/mind suffering ignorance.
      Believing that other people, books, teachers, etc. were
      somehow going to enlighten me...didn't work for me. Going
      deep into the suffering...feeling it deeply... not running
      away...that darkness is where the tiniest light seems like
      heaven.

      HANS

      Have you ever heard of the story that *someone* heard Osho
      say to somebody : "I'm so tired of acting enlightened
      everyday ...." That *someone* had the shock of his life and
      i believe that was the intention of Osho. He must have
      known that that *someone* had some very weird ideas about
      him.

      J.Krishnamurti entered a clothing shop and said to the
      salesman : "I want to buy all the stocks you have in your
      shop". The person that was following K. everywhere he went
      for quite sometime heard this , went home and stopped
      following K. because he must have thought - this man is not
      enlightened, he is crazy-

      K. was very happy !

      BTW, i am too.

      I love Osho dearly too ( i owe him a, lot) , but i have let
      go off him and any other teacher and i am not interested at
      all what people say about them.

      HARSHA

      Well stated Hans. All teachers disappear. All teachings
      disappear. This is the final blessing and teaching of the
      sages for those ready to grasp it. And this final blessing
      also disappears after making it self felt as the direction
      and grace and pull of the Heart. All existence depends on
      "you". When the "I" vanishes, the universe vanishes in its
      totality.

      DAVE

      I remember once many years ago when I was talking to
      someone about what all this is, this person said, "what I
      think is that this is all just a big movie, just for me". I
      looked at her and said, "O.K. then, what am I, chopped
      liver?". Then I though, maybe it's actually just a big
      movie just for me, and she said that to "make it more
      real". Well, how are we really going to know?

      Anyway, since then, I have seen the full reality. I saw the
      dreamer and "his" dream. I know the dreamer isn't me.

      How many gurus stopped there?

      I still say "then what?"

      It has been seen that many gurus (and I give gurus as a
      good representative example) have participated extensively
      in the proecess of erasing the concepts.

      Erasing concepts and "me-ness" is a small part of freedom.
      We learn to "walk" on this "Earth" in the void and it's all
      just beginning. It's not the moment to throw your hands in
      the air.

      DAN: There is unprojected Reality. Otherwise, the word
      'projection' would be useless. I realize that saying this
      is itself projection.>

      MIGUEL: And I ask, how is it that the projection can even
      possibly speak about unprojected Reality? How come that Don
      Quixote speaks about Cervantes, or Mickey Mouse about Walt
      Disney? There is the Reality and everything else is
      projection. There is a bridge between them: Reality knows
      the projected. But is it a two-way road? Can the projected
      speak about Reality? Or is this all a great piece of
      nonsense? In that case why NDS at all?

      MELODY

      When I first came to e-mail lists a couple of years ago,
      one of the first fellas I met said to me, "Let it be."

      This was, to me, a shattering notion at the time....

      much like Osho's recommendation of not renouncing with
      'intention'.

      All my life I have dealt with a divided heart and mind...
      one half saying "you should do this", or " you shouldn't do
      that". I remained in a constant state of inner conflict.

      "Let it be" says: embrace what ever arises, whatever you're
      feeling, whatever thoughts flow thru you.

      It says "resist nothing".

      "Let it be" allows the inner struggle to fall away,

      opens the door to simply 'witnessing' .........

      and to no more 'clinging' to one outcome or another.

      For me, as Martha says, "it's a very good thing".

      DAN

      An intriguing question to me, moreso than how real or
      unreal is this bodymind, is "where is the perception of
      bodymind formed"? The perception doesn't occur "in" the
      bodymind, because that is what is being perceived. But it
      doesn't occur "outside" of the bodymind, either, because
      that outside is what defines the bodymind as a bodymind.
      The perception of "outside" is needed to define "inside".

      If "I" am neither inside nor outside, where am I?

      Once aware as neither inside nor outside, from whence could
      be evaluated any position regarding my "reality" or
      "unreality"?

      JODY: Realization occurs of it's own accord. It can happen
      in any mental context, including one that includes desire.

      MICHAEL: Thanks Jody, good point...:) I just don't want to
      "think" that I have to "try" to renounce any thing.

      JODY: Heaven forbid! Don't torture yourself (as I did)
      fretting about what "should" be renounced. I wasted years
      of my life on that shit. I'd hate to see anyone else make
      the same mistake.

      SARLO: Or, go ahead and torture yourself all you want.
      Perhaps this is part of the mysterious ripening process
      that only the individual can know whether it works or not.

      GREG: Renunciation is actually a descriptive term, not a
      prescriptive one. It describes the spontaneous falling away
      of beliefs, attachments, desires, insights, achievements,
      sufferings, etc. In orthodox religions, renunciation is
      often taught as though things have to be pushed away. This
      gets people's attention, but renunciation is really not
      like that. Any time something's really gone, we can see
      that it left by itself. Even the pushing came and left by
      itself...

      We are the Nonduality Generation.
      http://www.nonduality.com