#3573 - Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2009

      #3573 - Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      When you stay in your True Self
      you do not need to look after yourself.
      A power will rise which is moving the earth,
      which is causing the sun to shine,
      which is giving the moon its brilliance.

      When you are attuned to that power
      you will have nothing to do,
      everything will be beautiful.
      That power will look after you
      in a way which you cannot manage.

      -Papaji, posted to SufiMystic

      Simply keep quiet,
      let things happen in front of you,
      and enjoy this universe which is offered to you.

      Don't make any effort and don't even think
      and you will know who you are!
      Don't think of the past or the future
      and within this you will find
      what you never have found before.

      But few people do this and instead waste their lives
      in practice which only expands their ego
      as they boast of all the ways that they please the Divine.

      So simply Be quiet, make no effort
      and you will know who you are!

                                          - Papaji

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

      "The Truth Is"
      Sri H.W.L. Poonja
      Yudhishtara, 1995
      posted to Along The Way

      Just as energy can be used for many different purposes, so can pure existence be experienced in relation to any phase of life┬Śanger, hatred, or jealousy as well as love and beauty. Every human action must be carried on through the ego, which plays a role comparable to that of a pipe or channel through which energy is conducted for different uses. We usually think of the ego as a kind of constant, unchanging entity. In fact, however, it is simply a succession of physical and mental events or pressures that appear momentarily and as quickly pass away.

      ┬ľKatsuki Sekida, from A Guide to Zen (New World Library)

      Nisargadatta on transitions leading to non-duality

      M: It is only when you are satiated with the changeable and long for the unchangeable, that you are ready for the turning round and stepping into what can be described, when seen from the level of the mind, as emptiness and darkness. For the mind craves for content and variety, while reality is, to the mind, contentless and invariable.

      Q: It looks like death to me.

      M: It is. It is also all-pervading, all-conquering, intense beyond words. No ordinary brain can stand it without being shattered; hence the absolute need for sadhana. Purity of body and clarity of mind, non-violence and selflessness in life are essential for survival as an intelligent and spiritual entity." ( I AM THAT)

      posted to Wisdom-l by Peter Holleran

      Deepening The Wonder

      Death is a favor to us,
      But our scales have lost their balance.

      The impermanence of the body
      Should give us great clarity,
      Deepening the wonder in our senses and eyes

      Of this mysterious existence we share
      And are surely just traveling through.

      If I were in the Tavern tonight,
      Hafiz would call for drinks

      And as the Master poured, I would be reminded
      That all I know of life and myself is that

      We are just a midair flight of golden wine
      Between His Pitcher and His Cup.

      If I were in the Tavern tonight,
      I would buy freely for everyone in this world

      Because our marriage with the Cruel Beauty
      Of time and space cannot endure very long.

      Death is a favor to us,
      But our minds have lost their balance.

      The miraculous existence and impermanence of
      Form
      Always makes the illumined ones
      Laugh and sing.

      'The subject tonight is Love -
      60 wild and sweet poems of Hafiz'
      Versions by Daniel Ladinsky
      ---
      gill
      http://allspirit.co.uk

      Geometry of Light

      A photo-haiku series in Irish and English
      by Gabriel Rosenstock and Ron Rosenstock

      (click on thumbnails to progress)