Tuesday/May23

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2000
      DAN BERKOW

      Before you wrote the first
      letter of your first premise,
      There is That which subsumes
      all premises, all events,
      all states of awareness.

      It even subsumes the silliness
      written here - unbelievable
      and yet it's true.

      TIM G. WITH GURU, COURTESY OF JAN BARENDRECHT

      http://www.egroups.com/files/NondualitySalon/Tim+&+guru.jpg

      TIM GERCHMEZ

      "value" is yet another concept. From a different
      standpoint, all things are equally valuable or valueless.
      Everything just occurs, there is no doer -- "the divine
      play without purpose."

      I can accept that the aftertaste left by words may have
      value, if there is a person who values. But really, these
      messages are just being "run off" by the Whole, there is no
      doer involved. Like ocean waves crashing to the shore and
      then receding, these messages appear and disappear,
      unconnected to any "individual" authors. They appear and
      then they disappear, uncaused, unwritten, unread.

      MANCHINE

      Before any of this dawned on anybody, we were not free of
      concepts. Perhaps we didn't know that we were driven by
      concepts, or we didn't know or care, what and why any of
      this IS, but we were not free of concepts.

      How can you be free of concepts without first coming to
      that conclusion?

      Mental images were "forced upon us". An infrastructure and
      "visualization system" were "created" to plant a seed, to
      use the concepts to remove the concepts.

      So how do I free myself of these concepts? Because somebody
      tells me to? From what I see, it doesn't seem to work that
      way? One must first conceptualize the reality.

      It's really really strange isn't it?

      Doesn't it sort of make you "feel" the stuff of God?

      HANS DEUNHOUWER

      It's quite simple really :)))) hahahahahahaha everything
      *is* projection. There's nothing i can do, that does not
      become part of the projection. "Not become part of the
      projection" makes it look like parts that form a whole,
      which is of course not so, there are no parts. I have this
      feeling that everything contains the whole, even that
      everything *is* the whole, There is only conflict because
      the way our minds operate make us believe there are parts.
      Every movement (movement in the broadest possible sense)
      *is* a projection, because the movement is not and can not
      be separate from the projection. It is one. Just as there
      is no thought without content, there is no conciousness
      without projection, it is one and the same. All our efforts
      to explain it are futile, because the explanation and
      conciousness are one and the same.

      I hope a lot of you do not agree, otherwise there will be
      no continuation of this list and i would like to continue
      explaining things that can't be explained, just for the fun
      of it. I can not see that this entire business will lead to
      something else but much fun and a lot of laughs. Seeing all
      our struggle (especially my own), it really is very very
      funny. There must be some mysterious reason that i do not
      just say goodbye to you all and leave it for what it is. It
      must be the fun. Yes, indeed, it's like in the movies. I'll
      settle for that :)

      NASIR: I would be glad if all of you here wish to share
      your knowledge and wisdom with me. Please tell me the
      meaning of life. Thanks.

      MICHAEL:By way of allegory and myth - just for fun:

      Well, there I WAS, Nasir, this vast and incomphrehensible
      BEING filling all of the VOID. One non-day I decided that I
      wanted to do SOMETHING so I 'created' EVERYTHING. Why?
      Because I COULD! So, I DID!

      Then I dove into it, you might say, and fired IT all up and
      set IT into MOTION. Every once in a GREAT WHILE one of the
      countless forms of apparently sentient beings will just
      stop for a moment to gaze out upon the PLAY and wonder -
      'What does it all mean?'

      I LAUGH and LAUGH and LAUGH at the wonderful STORY of
      MYSELF!

      SILLY and DRAMATIC, ain't it?

      With LOVE,

      Your closest FRIEND and Ally - BEING. :-))))))))))))))))

      HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

      Peace - Trust - Michael

      HANS: I suppose everybody looks at death from his or her
      own level of awareness. From my level of awareness, it
      sounds scary, even on this list, if someone says that he or
      she is looking forward to die (physically speaking). From
      my perspective, to say one does not fear death is something
      quite different than to say one is looking forward to it.
      It sounds like making a choice to me. (...)

      MIGUEL-ANGEL: I understand your point. This reminds me of a
      story I recently read on the list, about a saint on the
      point of dying and inviting anyone of those present to join
      him and thus reaching instant enlightenment. No one
      accepted the invitation. I wonder why. Is it that nobody
      had real faith? Or is it that anyway enlightenment is not a
      good enough prize to die for it? Surely the former, no?
      Then it's all a question of faith, of conviction. I feel
      that if you are really persuaded that with death you come
      to your source, shedding everything that you are not, and
      getting free of all attachments and wrong ideas, then
      certainly death is something to look forward to. Which of
      course doesn't mean actively seeking death. It is rather a
      question of how you see death, as a calamity, as something
      indifferent, or as the end of all misery, of self-delusion,
      and the return home.

      We are the Nonduality Generation.
      http://www.nonduality.com