#3569 - Saturday, June 20, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3569, Saturday, June 20, 2009

      If the doors of perception were cleansed
      everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite.
      For man has closed himself up,
      till he sees all things thru chinks of his cavern.

      - William Blake, posted to The_Now2

      If you give up identification with the body, if you remain quietly absorbed in the sense of Totality, in the I AMness without attachment, you will know all that is to be known.

      ...divest yourself of the idea that you are the body with the help of the contrary idea that you are not the body. It is also an idea, no doubt; treat it like something to be abandoned when its work is done.

      Q: If I am already fundamentally free, then why do l not feel as though l am free?

      A: The only obstacle is your belief that you are an independent entity. That is the only obstacle. You are stuck in this belief. It belongs to a personality invented by society, education, experience, beliefs, second-hand information and all kinds of reading. You have identified yourself with this fictitious "I" and you live from this point of view. You look at and contact the surroundings from this viewpoint. Because the personality is an object like any other, you live in object-object relationship.

      What happens when you become aware of it? The moment you become aware of it is the most important opportunity, an opportunity to see how this insight acts on you. Until now your brain has functioned in the pattern of taking yourself for someone, and when this pattern suddenly collapses there is a reorchestration of all your energy, a transformation of your being. The old reflex, which is so deep-rooted, may come up from time to time, but you are now aware of it. You ignore it and then forget it. Why put yourself in the cage of a fraction? You are the whole, the global.

      - Jean Klein, from Open to the Unknown: dialogues in Delphi

      To permit the world idea to be manifested through you without you distorting it: that's correct thinking. In other words, if we go to a lower level, we spoke about you being pure looking, pure seeing, pure observation. The perceptual manifold goes on manifesting. You're not interfering. Why? Because you're not going to identify with a portion of that; you're going to remain as mind, unfragmented consciousness. Then that would be correct thinking.

      - Anthony Damiani, from Standing In Your Own Way