#3561 - Friday, June 12, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2009
      #3561 - Friday, June 12, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nonduality Highlights -
      The Cinema Nondualite group in Anchorage, Alaska makes the following announcement.

      Next Gathering: Friday, June 26

      Movie: The Legend of 1900

      Spiritual awakening is a risky business. The seeker needs to be willing to take daring leaps into the unknown, fling himself into new circumstances, meet new people, see new places, fly into the face of danger, devil take the hindmost. He can’t afford to be weak or timid; this is not a game for cowards.

      At the same time, however, she must also know when to Stop. Like Buddha under the bhodi tree, she must know when to say, “Enough! From this place I will not be moved! No matter what, this is where I take my stand.” She can’t afford to be seduced by greener pastures or distracted by glittering promises; this is not a game for dilettantes.

      Under the sweet and beguiling surface of The Legend of 1900 lies the tension of these seemingly opposite pulls. A poignant undercurrent of doubt. At the turn of the last century, an infant is found aboard a luxury ocean liner, and it is there that he grows into manhood. But he is not like other men, and he is painfully aware of that fact. And although his entire lifetime has been circumscribed by the limits of one ship (albeit a very big ship), he has taken his stand there, in the only home he has ever known, right where he finds himself.

      Will he ever be budged? Even for love? Even in the face of death? And if so, would the price be worth it?

      Let’s find out together on June 26, at our next gathering of Cinema Nondualité. Join us for an oceanic journey into the heart of Paradox.

      For more details on the meeting visit

      On a quiet stroll
      Of sensory awareness
      Captivated by the
      Colors of nature

      In the absence of
      Intrusive mind chatter
      In the deep woods
      Of absolute stillness

      The thick branches
      Of the forest parted
      As if green curtains
      Opening in a theater

      Before me a mirror lake
      Placid and undisturbed
      Until a gentle ripple
      Invited me closer

      At water's edge
      A pristine beautiful swan
      Approached softly
      Stopping within reach

      I sat down in awe
      Soon the awe turned
      To stunning amazement
      When the swan spoke

      In my voice.

      One Love,

      Jeff (Belyea)

      from Twitter:

      lux1008 examine all your assumptions and 'knowledge', since realizing truth requires total freedom to see.

      elasticfate "The purpose of all relationships is to create a sacred context within which you can express the fullness of who you are..."

      HashimMiles going to the barbershop on a Friday is usually a mistake... but, I need to for a wedding tonight.

      FlowerEssences Buddha's last words: "All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

      Yaatriki The moment you classify others, you fool yourself into thinking you are separate from others.

      Beingness Reality is perfect unity, free of all reference points, with nowhere to stand and nothing to grab hold of. ~ Adyashanti

      aflow I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe. anon

      mydakini The Talmud: "Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, 'Grow, grow.'"

      qjohn "I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect."~ J.Krishnamurti

      majidrazviRT @tricyclemag: "Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know." –Pema Chodron