#3555 - Saturday, June 6, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3555, Saturday, June 6, 2009

      The fish trap exists because of the fish; once you've gotten
      the fish, you can forget the trap.
      The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit; once
      you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare.
      Words exist because of meaning; once you've gotten
      the meaning, you can forget the words.
      Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I
      can have a word with him?

      - Chuang Tzu

      Confused by thoughts,
      we experience duality in life.
      Unencumbered by ideas,
      the enlightened see the one Reality.

      - Hui Neng

      It is present everywhere.
      There is nothing it does not contain
      . However only those who have previously
      planted wisdom-seeds will be able
      to continuously see it.

      - Dogen

      Through endless ages, the mind has never changed.
      It has not lived or died, come or gone, gained or lost.
      It isn't pure or tainted, good or bad, past or future,
      true or false, male or female. It isn't reserved for
      monks or lay people, elders or youths, masters or
      idiots, the enlighted or unenlightened.
      It isn't bound by cause and effect and doesn't
      struggle for liberation. Like space, it has no form.
      You can't own it and you can't lose it. Mountains,
      rivers or walls can't impede it. But this mind is
      ineffable and difficult to experience. It is not the
      mind of the senses. So many are looking for this
      mind, yet it already animates their bodies.
      It is theirs, yet they don't realize it.

      - Bodhidharma

      I always dreamed you would come to me
      in the shape of a beautiful lover
      I never dreamed you would steal my heart
      with no shape at all

      I always pretended I needed arms to hold me
      and lips to kiss away my pain
      yet I find fulfillment
      in the embrace of empty space

      I always wished you would speak to me
      with words of tender sweetness
      now I know you whisper silently
      of your undying love

      I always knew I would find you
      although I foolishly looked with my eyes
      you were here all along
      hiding just out of sight in my heart

      - Nirmala, from Gifts With No Giver

      Waves