#3538 - Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2009

      #3538 - Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      "You are going to laugh at awakening,
      so you might as well laugh now."

      - Longchepa

      It is all the mind can do - discover the unreal
      as unreal.  The problem is only mental.  Abandon
      false ideas, that is all.  There is no need of true
      ideas. There aren't any.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj
      posted to Along The Way

      Be careful. The moment you start talking you create a verbal
      universe, a universe of words, ideas, concepts and abstrac-
      tions, interwoven and inter-dependent, most wonderfully
      generating, supporting and explaining each other and yet all
      without essence or substance, mere creations of the mind.
      Words create words, reality is silent.
      - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      From I Am That
      Chapter 87

      If you need time to achieve something, it must
      be false. The real is always with you; you need
      not wait to be what you are. Only you must not
      allow your mind to go out of yourself in search.

       - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      Separating Good and Evil

      We see ourselves as divided and separated from experience. We see ourselves as experiencers of “that, out there.” And when that, out there, seems to please or protect us, we call it good. Similarly, when it appears threatening or strange or terrifying, we call it evil. Thus our feeling of separateness is precisely what creates notions of good and evil in the first place.

      –Steve Hagen, from Buddhism: It’s Not What You Think (HarperSanFrancisco)

      Buddha Within
      Jamgon Kongtrul

      The ultimate luminosity of Dharmakaya, absolute truth,
      is nothing other than the very nature
      of this uncontrived, ordinary mind.
      Don't look elsewhere for the Buddha.

      It is nothing other than the nature of this present awareness.
      This is the Buddha within.

      There are innumerable Dharma teachings.
      There are many antidotes
      to many different kinds of spiritual diseases.
      There are many words
      in the Mahamudra and Dzogchen nondual teachings.

      But the root, the heart of all practices is included here,
      in simply sustaining the luminous nature of this present awareness.

      If you search elsewhere for something better,
      a Buddha superior to this present awareness,
      you are deluding yourself.
      You are chained,
      entangled in the barbed wire of hope and fear.

      So give it up!
      Simply sustain present wakefulness,
      moment after moment."

      posted by Jax to Dzogchen Practice

      The Day of the Sun

      Arriving early at the limit of understanding,
      I managed to find a good seat,
      and settled in with the others,
      who were fanning away the heat

      with their programs full of blank pages.
      The orchestra was in place,
      and soon the show started.
      First, deep space

      rose high and flooded the stage,
      immersing all the spots
      where our thoughts could have fixed
      if our minds had thoughts.

      Which they didn't. Then
      the sun came out and stood.
      That was all that happened,
      and ever would.

      - Vijay Seshadri, from The Long Meadow. © Graywolf Press, 2004.