#3527 - Saturday, May 9,. 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3527, Saturday, May 9, 2009

      When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself. When you lose touch with yourself, you lose yourself in the world.

      - Eckhart Tolle, from Stillness Speaks

      The challenge is then to recognize that stillness is always present. Simply check by turning your mind inward rather than pursuing its outward flow. Relax, rather than efforting to stop the mind's outward flow. Rest your mind.

      - Gangaji, from You Are That! Satsang With Gangaji, Volume 1

      It's in the silence that we can meet as souls.

      - Ram Dass

      The wonder of silence, of being, of God, of nothingness, of awareness is that there is nothing you need to do to get anything or any of it. I repeat there is nothing that needs to be done, by you or anyone else. Pure Silence is, now. Our only problem is that we have been taught and conditioned by years and years of belief systems that we are not in touch with that which is infinite, that which is unnamed, unknowable and all mighty. And so we have invented philosophies and religions and techniques and there have been prophets and messiahs and teachers and gurus and a myriad of self-help seminars and books about it all. I say to you now, you need none of it. There is nothing to find out which is not already here right now. There is nothing to understand, nothing to learn ,nothing to experience, no enlightenment, no salvation, no heaven and no hell, no savior and no devil. There is only a subtle awareness you have right now that you are and that this awareness is gentle, silent and loving.

      You are the silence. All you need do is realize that by attending to that. Jesus said "the Kingdom of Heaven is within you." Yes, that is where you should look, within your very being, mind, brain, soul, whatever. See what is always there, always stable, always you. Once you see that, once you feel that, once you know that, there is nothing more to learn or know. Then you start to live your human life with it's myriads of problems and situations out of that. And your life is lived out of this silent peace and anything that arises in your life will be met in the Pure Silence and you will know how to respond to whatever comes your way, in truth, in compassion and in total reliance on that which contains you and is you.

      - Mark McCloskey

      The rest is silence.

      - Hamlet