#3512 - Friday, April 24, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2009
      #3512 - Friday, April 24, 2009 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      A collection of fine emails received through Nonduality Salon or personally. Thanks to all authors.

      Dear Friends:

      http://luthar.com/ has a new look now and we are modifying it to reflect the talented writers of the site. Click on the url and scroll below and you will see.

      Also, a new page http://luthar.com/interfaith-enlightenment-site reflecting the Interfaith quality of the site has been constructed and will be developed in the future.

      If you are interested in writing on the site, please let me know.  Long term members of the Advaitin, HS, and NDS sangha and friends are especially encouraged and welcome but anyone can contact me.

      We continue to rank among the top 5 Advaita-Vedanta sites on the Internet according to the Alexa Rankings.  See the url below.

      Your continued support  is much appreciated.

      Namaste and love to all

      Yours in Bhagavan

      meditative flute music with poetry about unconditionally loving the Oneness

      take a moment
      and STOP
      everything that is going on
      every 3D appearance
      all the stories
      are mere illusions
      tiny temporary sparks

      see the BIG picture
      all existance is ONE

      go inward
      notice whats real
      only Love

      Love Now

      and if your Now is dark
      Love it alll
      (all the more)
      Love the dark
      as part of the Oneness
      for its perfect lessons
      and bless it on its way

      its all One

      life happens this Way
      for your benefit
      always (all ways)

      only Love
      Love Now

      "He who isn't totally comfortable with total aloneness is asleep and dreaming" -- Omkaradatta

      * * *

      "That which sees all this, and the nothing too, is the inner teacher. He alone is, all else only appears to be. He is your own self (swarupa), your hope and assurance of freedom; find him and cling to him and you will be saved and safe."

      "Realise once for all that neither your body nor your mind, nor even your consciousness is yourself and stand alone in your true nature beyond consciousness and unconsciousness."

      "When you realise that all is in your mind and that you are beyond the mind, that you are truly alone; then all is you."

      "You are not of the world, you are not even in the world. The world is not, you alone are."

      "Reality is essentially alone, but the mind will not leave it alone -- and deals instead with the unreal."

      "Of course, I am alone for I am all."

      "Then, suddenly you are free of consciousness, really alone, with nothing to intrude. And that is your true state."

      "You have always the company of your own self -- you need not feel alone."

      -- Nisargadatta Maharaj

      george poggemann wrote:

      A Simple Definition

      The philosophy of Non-Dualism is the point of view that there is one Absolute Reality without a
      second and that each of us is one with that Reality, just as a wave is one with the ocean. It
      asserts that experiencing Ultimate Reality is the goal of life. Advaita, another name for
      Non-Dualism, sees other religions, practices and philosophies as tools that ultimately lead to the
      direct experience of Absolute Reality.

      To discriminate between what is real and what is not real, it is necessary to define what is meant
      by real and not real. In this philosophy only that which neither changes nor ceases to exist is
      real. No object or knowledge can be absolutely real if its existence is only temporary. The unreal
      includes everything: all names and forms, our minds and thoughts, everything. The universe
      looks real but is not permanent. It is an illusion. We can't say it exists nor can we say it
      doesn't exist. It is neither real nor non-existent. It is magical. It's a mystery.

      Reality is not a thing at all. It is no-thing, nothing. An innocent term for it would be pure
      spirit, or pure consciousness. It has no parts. If we look for it, we are an eye looking for
      itself. It is experienced but cannot be described. It is ineffable. This Pure Consciousness is
      permanent existence, knowledge and bliss and is one with man's inner self.

      When we wake up from a dream the dream world disappears. Non-Dualism teaches that when we wake up
      to reality this world disappears. The world of thought and matter is a misreading of pure spirit
      and nothing more. It has a phenomenal or relative existence superimposed upon Absolute Reality by
      ignorance and remains superimposed until ignorance is destroyed by knowledge of reality, commonly
      called Spiritual Enlightenment.

      A wrote:

      The above definition is indeed simple and elegant.

      However, the quest for enlightenment is no more spiritual
      than any other human endeavor.

      As suggested, enlightenment destroys everything known, including
      the concept of spirit.  Every moment is lived in its fullness.  Nothing is left that can be averred or denied.

      Enlightenment is the end of the beginning and the beginning of the

      This is the other world.

      Yosy wrote:

       definitions, borders, rules
       they confine, restrict, direct.