#3503 - Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16 10:22 AM
      #3503 - Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Why is it all so beautiful,
      this fake dream,
      this craziness?
      Why?

      Oh! green, green willow
      wonderfully red flower,
      but I know the colors are not there.

      - Ikkyu
      posted By Tom McFerran

      I come to you as a man selling air,
      And you will think twice at the offer and price,
      And you will argue that nothing is there,
      Although we know that it is -- everywhere.

      I bring a formula largely untold,--
      Of forces, mixed with between and betwixt,
      And only seen when allowed to unfold,
      And better felt when the body is cold.

      I have a map to the home of the soul.
      Beyond the mind is a golden find,--
      The paradox is a guide to the goal,--
      Though doubt is sacred, each man is the Whole.

      - Richard Rose

      quoted at http://www.selfdiscoveryportal.com/maxsys.htm
      posted to Wisdom-l by Lenny Silver

      Photo by Bob O'Hearn

      What we see is not the most important.
      Could dust rise without the invisible
      hand of the wind?
      Could a fan turn without any current?
      Could lungs breathe without breath?
      Tell me
      What is the shape of Love?
      How much does Joy weigh
      when held in the palm of your hand?
      Can you catch the Spirit of Life in a jar?

      All things seen depend
      upon the Unseen.
      All sounds depend upon Silence.
      All things felt depend
      upon what is not felt.

       - Adyashanti

      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      "Fear arises through identification with form, whether it be a material
      possession, a physical body, a social role, a self-image, a thought, or an
      emotion. It arises through unawareness of the formless inner dimension of
      consciousness or spirit, which is the essence of who you are. You are
      trapped in object consciousness, unaware of the dimension of inner space
      which alone is true freedom."

      "Internal and external are ultimately one. When you no longer perceive the
      world as hostile, there is no more fear, and when there is no more fear, you
      think, speak and act differently. Love and compassion arise, and they affect
      the world."

      "Most people's lives are run by desire and fear. Desire is the need to add
      something to yourself in order to be yourself more fully. All fear is the
      fear of losing something and thereby becoming diminished and being less.
      These two movements obscure the fact that Being cannot be given or taken
      away. Being in its fullness is already within you, Now."

      "Choice implies consciousness - a high degree of consciousness. Without it,
      you have no choice. Choice begins the moment you disidentify from the mind
      and its conditioned patterns, the moment you become present....Nobody
      chooses dysfunction, conflict, pain. Nobody chooses insanity. They happen
      because there is not enough presence in you to dissolve the past, not enough
      light to dispel the darkness. You are not fully here. You have not quite
      woken up yet. In the meantime, the conditioned mind is running your life."

      "The most common ego identifications have to do with possessions, the work
      you do, social status and recognition, knowledge and education, physical
      appearance, special abilities, relationships, personal and family history,
      belief systems, and often political, nationalistic, racial, religious, and
      other collective identifications. None of these is you."

      "There is never a time when your life is not "this moment." Is this not a
      fact?"

      "Being is the eternal, ever-present One Life beyond the myriad forms of life
      that are subject to birth and death. However, Being is not only beyond but
      also deep within every form as its innermost invisible and indestructible
      essence. This means that it is accessible to you now as your own deepest
      self, your true nature. But don't seek to grasp it with your mind. Don't try
      to understand it. You can know it only when the mind is still."

      ~ Eckhart Tolle

      from TheNow_2 and
      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      God is not merely transcendent to the world;
      He is in the world.  So everything in the world
      has to be considered spiritual in its ultimate
      essence.  God is not only in the world, but
      is the world.   He is both immanent and
      transcendent.

      - Swami Krishnananda

      Facets of Spirituality