#3501 - Monday, April 13, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2009
      #3501 - Monday, April 13, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -
              There is a desert
              I long to be walking,
              a wide emptiness,

              peace beyond any
              understanding of it.

                     - Rumi

      Version by Coleman Barks

      posted to Along The Way

      Solitude is in the mind of man.  One might
      be in the thick of the world and maintain
      serenity of mind.  Such a one is in solitude.
      Another may stay in a forest, but still be unable
      to control his mind.  Such a man cannot be said to
      be in solitude.  Solitude is a function of the mind.
      A man attached to desires cannot get solitude
      wherever he may be, whereas a detached man is
      always in solitude.

                                     - Sri Ramana Maharshi

      ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
      "Be As You Are"
      The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
      edited by David Godman
      posted to Along The Way

      "Liberation is being in the place where you are no longer divided within
      yourself. You are not divided because everything is actually seen and
      experienced as one, whether it is related to the mundane or spiritual, form
      or formless, pristine purity or human beingness. All the various levels of
      reality that are held as emotionally separate cause us psychological
      division, and when these are finally brought together, we're not cured of
      our humanness, silliness, or anything else. It's just that internally
      nothing divides us. To me that is the clearest way I can say it, just

      ~ Adyashanti

      "It is very important that spiritual awakening or enlightenment not be
      viewed as a goal, as if there is an end point," he says. "It is a great myth
      about enlightenment that if you awaken or become enlightened you've crossed
      a finish line, or achieved something, and there is nothing more for you to
      see. It is a myth that there is a point of destination. There isn't. There
      are only relative points, temporary points. The realization of your true
      nature is the end of not knowing who and what you are, and thereby seeing
      what everyone else is too. When you awaken, you know you are the infinite
      presence, but this is not the end in any absolute sense. It is the beginning
      of another mysterious unfolding. It's the beginning of something without

      ~ Adyashanti

      posted to TheNow_2

      O Sweet Irrational Worship

      By Thomas Merton
      (1915 - 1968)

      Wind and a bobwhite
      And the afternoon sun.

      By ceasing to question the sun
      I have become light,

      Bird and wind.

      My leaves sing.

      I am earth, earth

      All these lighted things
      Grow from my heart.

      A tall, spare pine
      Stands like the initial of my first
      Name when I had one.

      When I had a spirit,
      When I was on fire
      When this valley was
      Made out of fresh air
      You spoke my name
      In naming Your silence:
      O sweet, irrational worship!

      I am earth, earth

      My heart's love
      Bursts with hay and flowers.
      I am a lake of blue air
      In which my own appointed place
      Field and valley
      Stand reflected.

      I am earth, earth

      Out of my grass heart
      Rises the bobwhite.

      Out of my nameless weeds
      His foolish worship

      -- from Selected Poems of Thomas Merton, by Thomas Merton

      Poetry Chaikhana Home

      TULKU "Divine birth, ordinary life."

      This is the official trailer for TULKU a documentary film directed by Gesar Mukpo.

      After much work I have completed my first documentary film, about an American Tulku.
      This trailer is a peek at the film which will premier in Vancouver at the DOXA film festival in May 2009.