#3494 - Monday, April 6, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2009
      #3494 - Monday, April 6, 2009 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      The Nonduality Highlights -

      Becoming Real

      Many people have the misconception that spiritual life or religious life is somewhere up there in the sky—an ethereal or mystical reality—and that our everyday life is too mundane and not so nice. Often people think that to be a spiritual person, we must ignore or neglect our everyday life and go into another, special realm. To me, being a spiritual person means becoming a real human being.

      –Thubten Chodron, from Taming The Mind (Snow Lion)

      You Can Be Happy Right Now

      Many of us think that happiness is not possible in the present moment. Most of us believe that there are a few more conditions that need to be met before we can be happy. This is why we are sucked into the future and are not capable of being present in the here and now. This is why we step over many of the wonders of life.

      –Thich Nhat Hanh, from Be Where You Are (Parallax Press)

      Mandala image by Dave Mason

      "Be quiet, look within and enjoy the healing power of silence. Let go of your sorrow and attachments. Your inner core and wisdom heart remain untouched either by insult or by praise. So have faith in your heart and trust yourself. Sit free from fear and worries. Rely on your true and sincere heart for your meditation. Pay attention and concentrate on your breath. Let peace and happiness prevail and spread through you. Remember that your life is intimately connected with all other life. May all beings benefit from your presence as a living embodiment of peace and happiness."

                         ~ Venerable Samu Sunim

      From the website
      http://www.zenbuddhisttemplechicago.org/
      posted to Daily Dharma