#3493 - Sunday, April 5, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3493, Sunday, April 5, 2009

      Whenever you are able,
      have a "look" inside yourself
      to see whether you are unconsciously creating conflict
      between the inner and the outer,
      between your external circumstances at that moment -
      where you are, who you are with, or what you are doing -
      and your thoughts and feelings.
      Can you feel how painful it is to internally stand
      in opposition to what is?
      When you recognize this,
      you also realize that you are now free
      to give up this futile conflict, this inner state of war.

      - Eckhart Tolle, posted to The_Now2

      True freedom and the end of suffering
      is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen
      whatever you feel or experience at this moment.
      This inner alignment with Now is the end of suffering.
      Is suffering really necessary?
      Yes and no.
      If you had not suffered as you have,
      there would be no depth to you as a human being,
      no humility, no compassion.
      You would not be reading this now.
      Suffering cracks open the shell of ego,
      and then comes a point when it has served its purpose.
      Suffering is necessary
      until you realize it is unnecessary.

      - Eckhart Tolle, posted to The_Now2

      I once thought my happiness was in "being somebody." But that never worked in a lasting way. Identity is always disappearing. That's it's nature. It comes to pass, not to stay. As the "me" disappears into the silence that is my core, I discover that my delight is in finding how this intelligent No-thing-ness expresses, through me, in this moment of now. The lure of stability that the past offers can't hold a candle to the ever unfolding wonder of the present. What I really want is the constant discovery of Creative Intelligence as it is reborn in this moment, and I'm willing for the "me" to die, in order that I may have what is fresh.

      - Carson Boyd, posted to AdyashantiGroup

      As long as the ego runs your life,
      most of your thoughts, emotions, and actions
      arise from desire and fear.
      In relationships you then either want or fear something from the other
      person.
      What you want from them may be pleasure or material gain,
      recognition, praise or attention,
      or a strengthening of your sense of self through comparison
      and through establishing that you are, have, or know more than they.
      What you fear is that the opposite may be the case,
      and they may diminish your sense of self in some way.
      When you make the present moment the focal point of your attention -
      instead of using it as a means to an end -
      you go beyond the ego and beyond the unconscious compulsion
      to use people as a means to an end,
      the end being self-enhancement at the cost of others.
      When you give your fullest attention
      to whoever you are interacting with,
      you take past and future out of the relationship,
      except for practical matters.
      When you are fully present with everyone you meet,
      you relinquish the conceptual identity you made for them -
      your interpretation of who they are and what they did in the past -
      and are able to interact without the egoic movements of desire and fear.
      Attention, which is alert stillness, is the key.
      How wonderful to go beyond wanting and fearing in your relationships.
      Love does not want or fear anything.

      - Eckhart Tolle, posted to The_Now2

      No thing which can be forgotten
      Is truly worth remembering.