#3492 - Saturday, April 4, 2009

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2009

      Nonduality Highlights: Issue #3492, Saturday, April 4, 2009

      Realize yourself as the ocean of consciousness in which all happens. This is not difficult. A little of attentiveness, of close observation of oneself, and you will see that no event is outside your consciousness.

      The obscure we see eventually.
      The completely obvious,
      it seems,
      takes longer.

      - Edward R. Murrow, posted to The_Now2

      All of us are watchers -
      of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway -
      but few are observers.
      Everyone is looking,
      not many are seeing.

      - Peter M. Leschak, posted to The_Now2

      And there is always the hitch that, while experience itself is pure clarity, it doesn't necessarily convey the gift of explaining it clearly to the recipient. Sometimes the right words come and sometimes they don't.

      One thing I have wondered for years is how this experience works for someone who is blind. In my case, the first sign of beginning of the experience is a very heightened visual clarity. Of course, it isn't about this, but that is certainly part of it and lets me know that the experience is starting. I don't think any of the senses are necessary to the experience, but the body does seem to have certain reactions to this state of awareness or undergo some subtle changes as a result.

      Still, I don't know of any way to evidence the experience outwardly, although I have had other people remark to me on some occasions that I seemed different in some indefinable way. But who knows, perhaps I was acting different in some subtle way without intending to.

      Whatever the case, obviously the goal would be to get to the experience and stay there in that awakened state. I'm not sure I could do that in this physical life. It is effortless in certain ways, but very intense nevertheless. And I just don't seem ready yet or quite suited to be able to do it. Perhaps in some ways I even resist it; wishing to just be quite ordinary and distracted a lot of the time.

      But in many ways, the talking is a form of meditation on the subject, like removing a precious object from a case and turning it over and over in one's hands, looking this way and that; noticing something and looking around to see if anyone else sees it too, maybe passing it back and forth.

      Nothing we notice or fail to see changes the original object, but each shared experience may provide yet another insight into its mysteries. Of course, it's always possible that there will be disagreement over what is seen, which part is more beautiful, what the artist meant or wished to show, the "intent."

      - Nora, posted to NondualitySalon

      Your vision will become clear
      only when you look into your heart.
      Who looks outside, dreams.
      Who looks inside, awakens.

      - Carl Jung, posted to The_Now2

      Stand in your original state of wholeness, the state before you were born when there was no knowledge "I am" and therefore no need or want of any kind. All suffering will end as soon as you stand in pure Awareness.

      - Ramesh Balsekar, posted to ANetofJewels.