Tuesday/May 16

  • umbada@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 5:08 PM

      And no Smile that ever was smil'd
      But only one Smile alone.

      That betwixt the Cradle and Grave
      It only once Smil'd can be,
      But when it once is Smile'd
      There's an end to all Misery.

      William Blake

      CEE DELIVERS CEE

      ways consciousness (self) is rock-solid:

      always there (here)
      exactly as it is (i am)
      never changing
      never capable of division
      silent
      still
      unborn
      exactly this

      love to all, cee

      ANTHONY CRAIG DELIVERS WEI WU WEI:

      The whole Buddhist and Vedantic system (Advaita) depends on
      the non-existence of identity, so does the very idea of
      ‘enlightenment’ - which is reintegration in universality.

      I doubt if there is anything else to be understood, since
      every other element of doctrine is dependent on that, so
      that such understanding is final.

      But in itself it is an impossibility as a thing-to-be-done,
      since it requires the absence of anyone to ‘do’ it or to
      abstain from doing it.

      Here there is neither doing nor abstaining from doing but
      only absence of abstaining from doing - which is the
      Master’s way of saying total absence of any identity to do
      or to abstain from doing anything whatsoever.

      That is the arrow of an enlightened archer, for - however
      many such arrows may be loosed - each one must split its
      predecessor in the bull’s-eye - which is the eye which is
      itself the flight of the arrow.

      Wei Wu Wei

      MICHAEL READ DELIVERS ARACHNIDS

      There are two great hairy wolf spiders living in my
      entryway.

      Fearsome looking creatures they are indeed. Black,
      multi-legged, multi-eyed,hairy with one spot of white on
      their backs. Quick and fearless, they rule their little
      domain.

      Shall I squash them? Perhaps. Should their dripping fangs
      find my tender skin, no doubt, I would fall quite ill.

      I hold my power over them in check. They may be buddhas
      from a vast and distant buddha field come to further my
      transformation. May they hold their power over me in check.

      Then again, they may be but lowly spiders, incarnated for
      the very first time. May they then hunt well and keep my
      house free from flies, ants, and other insect pests.

      I shall praise them as buddhas and teach them of the
      dharma. I shall praise them as buddhas and learn from them
      the dharma.

      May they catch many bugs!

      HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

      Peace - Silly, Ain't IT - Michael

      TIM DELIVERS THE PROVOCATIVE

      TIM GERCHMEZ: Apologies, I am not a Bhakti. I am not
      anything that has to do even very remotely with concepts,
      words, ideas or thoughts.

      "In this the Kali Yuga, bhakti is the easiest path."
      --Ramakrishna

      BRUCE MORGEN: Sure, if one is a bhakta by nature bhakti is
      the only path, but in the absence of such a natural
      propensity it is fraught with conflict. Besides, ease has
      no intrinsic advantage over arduousness or, for that
      matter, effortlessness. Since "path" is nothing more or
      other than the course of ones life, it's hard to credit
      such broad generalizations, even when they come from one as
      widely revered as Sri Ramakrishna.

      JODY: Agreed, but because I'm a master of projection, I just
      had
      to slime the universe with my overlay.

      One of the things Ramakrishna was communicating with this
      statement was that because realization comes of Itself--as
      an act of Grace--we may as well devote ourselves to the One
      who bestows the grace. In Ramakrishna's case this happened
      to be Ma Kali, aka Shakti, otherwise known as Brahman in
      drag. ;)

      Of course, to each his own in every case. In no way is a
      devotional attitude required. The grace will befall s/he as
      Grace sees fit, devotee or not.

      MATTHEW FILES: when does this fascination with what iam or
      what i am not, come to an end? When do we stop staring at
      our reflection in the water? We are constantly reinventing
      our self image. When do we stop having definitions of who
      we think we are now? I think it it only begins to happen
      when we make "the other" our focus rather than ourselves.
      The nature of ego is that it is completely self-serving.
      Everything that we do,without consciousness, without
      attention and intention is in our own best interest. Do we
      treat those around us with kindness, generosity and
      compassion, under all circumstances? Under ALL
      circumstances.This is a very functional and practical way
      that we can begin to undermine our usual condition of total
      self reference.As Bob D said, "you can serve the devil or
      you can serve the lord, but you gotta serve somebody".The
      key here being serving somebody, a person, flesh and blood
      not some nebulous abstract idea of service.Got to, there is
      no way around it, if we want out of our suffering. It has
      been my observation too that we are most happy, most
      radiant, most alive when directly serving other people.But
      even this can be more of egos self-serving ways. Just
      another survival strategy. Another way to "win". So enquiry
      and ruthless self-observation cannot cease.Ever.
      .......matthew .......phew! amen

      MANCHINE: You can serve the lord, but you gotta serve
      somebody.... Man what a life! matthew, I'm getting to like
      you. Some serve the "lord" very well. Getting to know what
      that means, is perhaps a lifetime job. For some it's
      easier, say, serving the "lord", than some body.

      Serving bodies, here and there, too is another instance of
      serving the "lord", still a layer of isolation, but
      service...

      But serving somebody is the ego's maximum sacrifice if it
      still exists by now.

      GLO DELIVERS WOODPECKERS

      TIM:What is it with small birds? Those little peckers!

      GLO:~~Our resident woodpecker (actually large for birds)
      has a habit of drumming madly away on the metal top to the
      chimney, quite a racket when you are trying to read
      peacefully. I thought surely he is not so stupid as to
      expect bugs there, so I looked it up. What it is about is
      that the noise is to attract a mate, more noise the further
      it carries, so indeed he is not stupid. This morning we
      heard a faint answering drum and off he flew.
      We are the Nonduality Generation.
      http://www.nonduality.com